1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tarun going to be 1 year soon

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by nimmimoorthy, Jan 3, 2011.

1. nimmimoorthy

nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

Hi dears,

My DS Tarun will be celebrating his first birthday on feb 11.
    I want to celebrate this in a grand way.
    Please give me some ideas for celebrations and how to be prepared for these.:bowdown

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Nimmi

Glad to know that your son will be completing 1 year on February 11, 2011. Advance Birthday greetings to him and May God bless him always.

On the star Birthday you can do Ayushhomam for him and call your relatives and friends and celebrate with going to the temple and have a feast at home.

On the calendar Birthday you can invite all the children and their parents and celebrate the Birthday by cutting cake and give them dinner and give return gifts for the children and also have some games for the children

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nimmi,

Wow! you have still lot more days, so i will be wishing on his Special Day. YOu can make a photo collage (if you have taken his photo every month till he is one year old) with the different stages of his growth, like Tharun as a few months old baby, lying on his stomach, swimming, sitting, crawling, trying to stand, walking, Anna Prasannam, etc.

As viji mami suggested you can conduct some pooja & invite near & dear and their children. Few interesting games & songs for children will make it an interesting party.

Or you can organise the functions outdoor for a change.

4. nimmimoorthy

Thanks Vijima for your first feedback and your thoughts.
    In Kuwait there are no temples. Its really sad. There are some temporary madams for Matha Amritanandamaayi which will be opened only on certain occassions.

I want to arrange a party on his calendar Birthday basically here in Kuwait to invite almost all of them i know.
    I will be ordering cake for sure and dinner also will be there.I also like the idea of giving gifts to kids depending upon the budget.

5. nimmimoorthy

Thanks Mira for your views.

Even though there is one more month i want to be prepared now itself for the celebration.Thanks for your wishes, Mira.
    I have his photos as you tell. BTW what is anna prasannam?

Organising outdoors is difficult as it is winter here.

6. nimmimoorthy

Dears,
    Let me tell you what i have in mind.

I want to prepare an invitation hand made both in English and Tamil.i need your views on card decorations and also the wordings.I want to say that "Tarun invites you all ...."

Next is decorations in the party hall. thats ok i will manage myself.
    I also want to have a presentation like thing showing some videos or photos of Tarun in the hall.

cakes also i will search for good designs. i heard that now a days we can draw the picture in the cake itself. Any ideas?

Regarding games do anyone know some new games other than musical chair, passing the ball etc...

Food will be maximum nonveg as very limited veggies are there in my list.

Gifts unfortunately will be my last option.

Thanks for listening to the above.Please let me know your suggestions.

7. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

My dear nimmi, advance birthday wishes to your cute little kid. Best wishes for all your preparations. My only one advice is, whatever comes in your mind regarding the decoration, dinners or gifts please write it in a paper immediately, even simple things like match box for lighting the candle etc..By this, we we'll make sure that we not miss anything.

8. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Nimmi -
    first I want to wish Tarun advance birthday wishes.

Like Viji ma said - ayushomam - can be done at home with the help of a priest.
    Annaprashanam - means feeding of rice on the third month

Basically it bogs down to how much you want to spend and what the budget you have in mind

have given my wee bit suggestions- modifications can always be done as there is no any hard fast rules

Have a great time

9. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Tarun.. My advance wishes to you dear.. Many more happy returns of the day. :birthday

Dear Nimmi.. you can blow some ballons and ask the kids to pick ballons as much as possible.( one kid at a time ) ( small size ballons will be easy for them to pick )
    The person who picks more no. of ballons will be the winner. Will be funny for sure.

If you are going to order min. of 3Kgs of cake.. you have so many options for cake decorations from cartoon characters.

Have a great Party. :party

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

DEar Nimmi....Advance birthday wishes to Tarun sweetie...
    i have posted my DD's birthday and Ayushhomam celebrations in a seperate thread....

Click here

In case you have not gone through,please just browse through(its pretty long,has 5 parts :crazy).....

Also,check this thread i had opened to get ideas for invitation wordings...
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/i...-first-birthday-invitation-wordings-need.html

regarding your idea of displaying your LO's pictures and videos...thats indeed a wonderful idea...i too had planned but couldn't implement due to lack of time...so please well ahead..and make the party a big event

My simple suggestions regarding the pics and videos..Print pictures of your LO on vinyl sheets,easily done in printing shops...can just hang the pics around the party hall..also keep a projector with small small funny videos done by your LO..let the video repeat itself till the party ends...maybe during the cake cutting ,you can switch that off...

Hope you like any of my suggestions..

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
    1 person likes this.