1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tanned Skin,dry hair with split-ends...Help me out!!

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Meenarajkumar, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Meenarajkumar

Meenarajkumar New IL'ite

Hi everybody,
    If anyone of you were a beautician or cosmetologist, please clarify my doubt.. I beg you... I'm sufferring this for a long time...

I had a fair complexion past 3 to 4 years back. I'm a sports girl; due to wandering in sunlight, it got tanned much and i lost my complexion. I'd like to do a whole body skin lightening. Is there any lightening treatment like I mentioned or wat shuld I do in this case. I want to regain my complexion.

And also my hair got many splitends and become dry. My skin is generally a dry one. Post this instance, it became so dry. When I did pedicure, That parlour girl said that my skin is absorbing a lot of massage cream, since it is so dry.

Somebody help me please...
    Suggestions, advices and treatments would be more helpful for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2011

2. anukv

anukv Bronze IL'ite

Start drinking Carrot / Beetroot juice daily
    And while going out in Sun, make sure u wear full hands and try to cover ur body to the max possible
    Dont forget to apply sun screen before going out.
    These will definitely bring some difference

3. Sharmili Navab

Sharmili Navab Bronze IL'ite

Here are some simple home remedies that you can do to lighten the skin tone and get a lighter complexion. However, they must be done regularly and best results are obtained if they are inculcated as a part of daily routine.

Mix 1 tsp of milk powder, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of lemon juice, and ½ tsp of almond oil. Apply on face and wash off after 10-15 minutes. This pack helps bring shine to the skin and also removes tan.

Applying turmeric powder along with lime juice removes the tan. Lime juice is a natural bleach.

A tbsp of gram flour mixed with 2 tsp of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice works well for lightening dark skin. Apply this mixture and leave it for 15 minutes before washing off. Repeat for 4 weeks and follow up with once a week.

Apply a paste of fresh ground mint leaves and leave it for about 20 minutes. Wash with cold water, continue for 15 days.

Apply a mixture of grated tomato with 2-3 drops of lime juice on the face. Leave it for 20 minutes before washing off. Do this twice a day for 15-20 days for best results.

about food intake :

Avoid excessive consumption of heavy and oily foods.

Incorporate whole cereals, pulses, fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.

Drink at least 4-5 liters of water every day. Water washes out the toxins from the body

to avoid dry skin before bath apply almond or olive oil.Drink plenty of water and fluids. This is the best thing you can do to keep dry skin.

4. Meenarajkumar

Meenarajkumar New IL'ite

Hi Anukv....
    Thankyou so much.... I'll surely try it and will let you know....

5. Meenarajkumar

Meenarajkumar New IL'ite

Sharmili....
    Thankyou so much for your response too...

Anukv & Sharmili, you served me with great suggestions. Thankyou so much...
    I request you to clarify this too:

1. Shall i try any of these for my whole body or not?
    2. If not recommended, please suggest me something to do with my whole body.

Thanks,
    Meena

6. inertia2009

inertia2009 Junior IL'ite

I think intake of carrot, beetroot and tomato juice daily is the best way to achieve a glowing complexion. Just add 1 tomato, 1 carrot, and a small piece of beetroot in the blender along with water. Then strain and drink immediately, please don't add any sugar. I had done this when i was getting married and believe me, it works wonders.

Another thing that worked well for me was the milk powder, lemon juice and almond oil mask. I did not add honey as it caused pimples. I did this before going to india to meet our family and everyone was telling me that i had become fair and i had a glowing complexion. I just bought regular milk powder from Walmart and powdered it even finely at home, as it was little grainy. I just mixed it with either rose water or milk. Apply on skin for 15- 20 mins and wash off.

At night before going to bed, you can clean your face and apply almond oil and lightly massage it into your skin and wash off in the morning.

And please apply these packs to your neck (front and back :)) as well. The best time to do this would be when you take a shower.

I am planning on starting this regime again. Hope this helps!!!!

7. Sharmili Navab

Sharmili Navab Bronze IL'ite

Hi Meena...for whole body u can try this...
    Coconut oil is very gentle for skin. Massage whole body with coconut oil before going out in sun. It hepls in sunburn prevention.
    All the best...

8. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

hi meena ,

sunscreen with spf 25 is a must for you. repeat the applications often in a day.

use & see vaseline healthy white body lotion for whole body.

similarly can try nivea or vaseline total moisturiser for your dry skin.

use night creams & winter intense lotions .

from the home remedies part ,

u can use besan+curd mixture , tomatoes to remove tan.
    & for moisturising can use PAAL AADAI , glycerine etc.

do the regular CTM s & gentle exfoliation since your skin is dry one.

trim your hair very often , do oil massage & coconut milk pack & use dove shampoo or any gentle one.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  9. avme1

avme1 New IL'ite

Hi everyone (meena),

I am also in the same situation.

I had a fair complexion 2 years ago (before marriage). After marriage, just we went for a honeymoon for 10 days to delhi and other places (in summer) thats all. by the time we are back my complexion was completely different from what i had for about 25 years. Within 10 days it has changed completely.

Now it has been 2 yrs after marriage, still i have not recovered my previous complexion. No idea how to regain that.