1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Tampa Area Attractions - Places to See!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Tampa' started by Aarushi, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Tampa is the third largest metropolitan areas in the Southeastern United States. It is part of the Tampa - St. Petersburg -Clearwater metropolitan area, most commonly referred to as the "Tampa Bay Area".

I'm going ahead and naming the most famous attractions in this area but I bet there are tons of places only the insiders will know. So please come and add those must see attractions to this list. -

1) Busch Gardens - It is an African-themed amusement park with rides that include an inverted roller coaster called Montu that has a 31m/104ft- vertical loop and another coaster (Kumba) with a 360° spiral. The park also has a mock Egyptian area, a landscaped domain stocked with gorillas and chimps, and an imitation of the Serengeti that's inhabited by lions, zebras, giraffes, camels and other large mammals.

Next door to Busch Gardens is Adventure Island, a water park with various slide rides, swimming pools and waterfalls.

2) Florida Aquarium - The Florida Aquarium's thematic exhibits range from a wetlands recreation - complete with limestone cave, mist-topped water, mangroves and resident turtles (plus some alligator spawn) - to an indoor dune-studded beach and a coral reef that's inside a very large tank.

3) Tampa Museum of Art - It has a gallery of impressive Grecian and Roman antiques, which includes a collection of old lamps, vases and trophies plucked from a 2nd-century grave altar.

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

:hiyaAarushi,

Would love to visit Florida some day ....hope the wish fairy is listening.

3. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Me too! Other than Orlando, I havent seen much of Florida...Maybe we an drive down together some day to one of these areas...:)