Tamilians in Doha

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by deepasahana, Sep 24, 2011.

1. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi CS,

Welcome to Qatar and to IL Community.

1. In Qatar, it is quite manageable with 19K. If there is room for negotiation, you could negotiate a little more for the HRA.

2. Yes, there are much restrictions now for the RP. You should provide proper documents. Make sure that the employer takes care of this process.

3. I don't have any idea about the medical insurance. For general consultation, it takes QR 100 per visit. You can also get a health card from HMC and use the health centres here.

4. Yes, there will be some tamil programs happening every now and then but nothing religious.

2. MadhuSharmila

Hi Sowmya,

Nice to know that you stay in Bayti 2. Its our first place of stay in Qatar. Now, we have moved to Al Nassr. We stay close to Doha clinic which is nearby Ramada signal. You are most welcome as I have a 3 year old daughter too.

There will be a lot of tamilians in Bayti 2 itself. Just go to the compound gate around 5.30 in the morning. The parents will be waiting there with their children for the school bus.

3. Sowmya2809

Sowmya2809 Bronze IL'ite

hi madhu,
    i have another friend too who said there are lots of tamilians but am yet to find one..
    although did meet some small kids moms..now in india..hope to meet people once am backk...if you knwo bayti...u are also most welcome to drop in.
    cheers
    sowmya

1 person likes this.
  4. MadhuSharmila

Oh thats great... Lets meet when you are back here... Take care and do PM me once you reach here.

5. eshu86

eshu86 New IL'ite

hi ladies,

a big hi to all of u i've been in qatar for 1.5yrs & stay in wakra ezdan2 is there anyone who is from the same place? also i would like to make some good friends cos am feeling really bored about this place without much friends. so how about u people do u have good social circle & how do u like this country??

regards,
    bhavani eshu :)

6. MadhuSharmila

Hi Bhavani,

Welcome here...

There are a lot of people from IL staying in Ezdan - Wakra. You could get good friends here, so that you don't feel bored.

7. log2loga

log2loga Bronze IL'ite

hi everyone...

a big thank for this thread founder... i would like to make friends and outing with friends... i hav 19months old boy he too felt bored.. am living in al saad if anybody near to al saad so that we could keep in touch. expect to see some replies soon...

8. Shylajasanthosh

Shylajasanthosh Silver IL'ite

9. MadhuSharmila

Hi Loga,

I stay in Al Nassr close to Doha clinic. Where do you stay in Al Sadd? Let me know, so that we can meet up. I've a 3 year old daughter.

1 person likes this.
  10. deepasahana

deepasahana Bronze IL'ite

Hello friends,

nice to see so many new IL in this thread....

Hope we will have a meet up soon...BTW log2loga what is ur son name? My son is 11 months old n his name is pranav...madhu post ur daughter name too...

Regards
    deepa

1 person likes this.