Tamil iyer women practices then and now

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by poojaagar, Nov 1, 2012.

1. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

i would like to know whether these days do some follow ammavasai and other rituals as those days?? is some way its gud to the home.. agree or not?

If so pls can u tell me your daily practices in cooking and puja for me to follow..i do few rituals but not all

2. padmapriya1

padmapriya1 Gold IL'ite

Even though we are not Iyer, my mom does some rituals like she takes bath and then only she cooks some sweets & food and she does pooja with this for my grandma, grandpa etc.. who are no more.. she keeps some food for even crows..

3. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the response, also can you tell me along with these basic things, like in ammavasai they don't cook onion.. Some specific festival days and rituals combined with them?

4. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

hi! 've happened to see this thread.even if you are not able to do the rituals prescribed for amavasya,you can do few things likehaving food one time and milk and fruits for dinner.after taking bath cook satwik food(without onion,garlic,greens,bottle guard etc).prepare one sweet -usually it is moongdal payasam. if possible prepare curd rice and after remembering the ancestors put some quantity of it in the running water(stream/river).