1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Tamil Iyer Engagement Ceremony

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by stress, Sep 1, 2010.

1. stress

stress New IL'ite

Hi all

we are doing engagement ceremony of my daughter in chennai.We want to do very grand.I know the basic thing in the Iyer engagement the girls family should take,like.. paruppu thengai, sweets saree etc...but I want to do some thing very different and very nice.Any body have any idea.I have not seen our tamil iyer engagement ceremony and as well as wedding for long time.so please suggest me some great ideas..

2. sureshvidhya

sureshvidhya New IL'ite

you can keep dry fruits in a decorated plates,fruits of different variety in differnt baskets ,tambolam plate with diffent variety of sonf,name plate with sugar candies on sugar, and you can buy chocolates in the form of coins and keep it in plates which will look vey nice in photographs.now a days they make murukku also in diiferent shapes and colours like baskets which also looks nice. all decorative.all materials are available in pondy bazaar.all eatables covered in cling rap and spread it nicely on the stage looks very nice.do keep pant shirt,saree and dhoti angavasthram also in a decorated tray.in my house we even ordered for a eggless cake.you can even take a hint from the marriage contractors availble in chennai so that you will get a idea what all can be done.

3. stress

stress New IL'ite

sureshvidhya

Thanks a lot..