Tamil/Hindi cinemas and Temples in Houslow

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by sushbhas, Oct 16, 2007.

1. sushbhas

sushbhas New IL'ite

Hi Everbody,

Is there any cinemas showing Tamil or Hindi movies near Hounslow east?

Also are there any temples (especially Sai mandirs) near Hounslow east tube station?

I would also love to make new friends from any Indus ladies near Hounslow east or London in general.

Warm regards.:wave

2. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi

there is Southall where u can see hindi and sometimes tamil, telugu movie. also at feltham... and Eastham.

bye

3. sushbhas

sushbhas New IL'ite

Hi Huma,

Thanks for your reply.
    Nice to know you.

warm regards

4. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

You can see Hindi, Tamil movies at Southall, Feltham, Wembly Eastham etc. What I found when I was in London between 2003-2005, most Tamil movies at Feltham are shown late at night starting at 11.00 P.M or so. There is a Tamil Radio broadcast which comes in the evening between 7.00 P.M to 9.00 P.M and also after 10.00 P.M in which they used to advertise about the Tamil movies. Hindi movies you can see daily 3 to 4 shows at Southall. For new Tamil movies ticket prices used to be hiked. Normal ticket price is around 6 pounds. But, for new movies they used to charge 15 pounds.

There are a number of temples in London. Closest to Hounslow is Ealing Amman Temple. At Wimbledon there is a Ganapathy temple. At eastham there is a Vishnu temple, Murugan temple. At Southall there is a Krishna temple, Rama temple. Gurudwaras are there many at Hounslow itself and in Southall. The Lakshminarayanan Temple at Neasdon in North London is the biggest temple outside India. It is one of the tourist spot of London.

5. InfoSeeker

InfoSeeker New IL'ite

Hi,
    I live near Hounslow Treaty centre. Regarding tamil movies u can get new tamil release dvd's from a shop near hounslow east station called 'Yarl Wines' and in shops near hounslow West tube station.
    The place where in u can get Tamil dvd's near hounslow west is few shops away from the store Kwality Foods...
    Hope this would be of some use to you.