Tamil brahmin girl-Punjabi boy->Horoscope doesn't match-> How to make it work?

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by bubbles500in, Dec 4, 2010.

1. bubbles500in

bubbles500in New IL'ite

Hi, I'm a tamil brahmin girl born on 24.07.85 in Bhopal (MP) at 23:10. I want to get married to my boyfriend whose DOB is 08.06.83 & was born in Amritsar (Punjab) at 18:15.
    I know this is a difficult match, but I want to find a way to proceed with the marriage as we really want to get married.Both our families believe in getting the horoscopes matched & so can you please analyse & give us solutions as to how to proceed?

2. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

நாள் என் செயும், கோள் என் செயும்...

How can some far away planets and stars affect us on earth. If both of you are adults you can just go ahead and none can stop you.

Arunadhri

3. bubbles500in

bubbles500in New IL'ite

Hi Arunadhri,

I understand what you're trying to say & I totally agree with you. The problem is that we are from 2 different cultures & so its very important for both our parents to see to it that something fair comes out of the horoscopes & that's exactly why I have asked this question.

If in our cultures, we didn't have this system of horoscope matching, then we definitely wouldn't have bothered getting it done as we think we can make things work. But this is only coz of our parents & to convince them that even though the horoscopes don't match, there are solutions to the problems in the horoscope match.

Hope you understood.

Regards...:)

1 person likes this.
  4. jaisreer

jaisreer New IL'ite

My mother used to say if the hearts have matched you do not check the horoscope. Horoscope is matched only if the boy and girl has not met. Besides this I have couple of question that comes to my mind reading your postings,1. some where within you there is doubt if you are really compatible with your boyfriend . 2. And the big adjustment that comes after marrying into a different culture. My understanding is, if you have doubts you should not go ahead with it. I would suggest your boy friend and you bring everything on the table discuss very carefully and honestly. That would be better then horoscope. We as humans are always vulnerable , We do not have to make it worse by being emotional. Marriage is long term commitment . Honesty is must for it to succeed.

1 person likes this.
  5. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

I do understand. In our family (We are Tamil Brahmins too) we did not do any horoscope matching for the marriages of any of my sisters, nor mine for that matter. I am talking of matters half a century back.
    In the extended family, we now have Punjabi, Catholic, Jew, and Muslim married into the family. There is of course no question of horoscopes in these cases.

I am 71 now and should be quite conservative. Our family is almost all atheists and do not care much for religion. Certainly not in astrology.

Arunadhri

6. bubbles500in

bubbles500in New IL'ite

Hi Jaisreer,

Let me tell you, the doubts you have in your head are all invalid :)... Let me explain 1 by 1..

1. The guy's side has problems as I'm a tamilian & they are Punjabis.. so before they can go ahead with the horoscope matching, we want to be prepared with the process of convincing them..both of us know our horoscopes don't match but we still want to get married as we love each other :yes:
    2. So basically, I have no doubts whatsoever about this guy.. am doing this only 'coz of our parents & nothing else :)

Hope I made myself clear :cheers

7. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Listen to Arunadhri. I totally agree with her. I am also from the same back ground and have families married int o different castes, nationality and religions. Everyone is happy. I got married 38 years ago and it was not arrange marriage. We have our ups and downs, but we have children and health etc. No problems. Now someone otld me that our horoscope doesn't match. I don't believe that. Just ignored it.

what I am saying is, not to worry. Have faith in God. Things will get better.

Good luck.:cheers

8. bubbles500in

bubbles500in New IL'ite

Thank you for your response :)

Our only concern is how to convince our parents once they get to know that the horoscopes don't match :cry:

9. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

Are you willing to pay the price of both of your future happiness because both side parents are unreasonable?
    They will ultimately come round.

Arunadhri

10. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

bubbles...

Instead of trying to convince them with horoscopes, it would probably be more helpful to convince them of your wish, how much you want it to happen and how absolutely sure you are of it. What would you do if the horoscopes do not match? You'd still have to convince them, right? So why not eliminate the horoscope step and get straight to the convincing step?

As for horoscope, I do not know if it does have any merit or not because in my life, I have seen both cases where astrological predictions have been proved right as well as wrong!

All the best!