1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Talibanism in Pakistan - Can we imagine her condition !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Deepali_deepali, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

These days after our dinner, what my hubby and me watch is News. News of Pakistan under Taliban terror.. Taliban's attack on various areas of Pakistan, destroying, destructing, finally overpowering and imposing their obscurantist views on people..

Just few days back , it was in news that Taliban will attack on Swat of Pak, agin there were some compromises done by Pak government , and again after few days, Taliban attacked and put Swat under its own rule. The immediate action was to ask the judges working with Courts to move out, so the judgments from now onwards will be done by Qazi. Judges and lawyers were threatened to be killed for not obeying the orders.

Second and obvious order was for the poor women. No girl will go to schools from now, women under burkas. Now , i was thinking, whether they will go to male gynaecologists for their female problems. Even they are restricted to drive cars.

Next was ban on music, films, dancing. Militant members of the Jamiat Ulema Islam attacked shops in Balochistan's capital, smashing television sets and video cassette recorder, cd shops. These all were sinful and non-islamic activities. Can you imagine life without music and TV !!!

To my utter shock, the next order was a ban on birth control measures ,considering that children happen because of god's wish and it is again non-islamic to kill them.

Taliban made recent attack on Quatt and even Islamabad is warned of it..

Taliban is overpowering Pakistan slowly and gradually. I imagine when will Pak officials wake up to this reality and start addressing it - including a review of Afghan policy - instead of just using the spectre of such extremism to acquire international donor money and support.

Just last night only I saw that famous singers of Pakistan were ordered to stop singing and follow Islam. You know what out of all these, my attention and concern goes for those silent women who willingly or unwillingly have to follow the rules.

Few months back, I read somewhere of a small girl who managed to escape from a sheikh's clutches, whom she was marruied to at the age of 12. She had courage to bring the issue to public and media. She got free from that devil and is studying now. But what about those poor girls who are silent meat for these eaters. I even read , that girls are forcibly raped or married to these militants without their parent's wish..

Truly, woman's condition is unimaginagible in these countries.

I thank my almighty to let me born on this soil..

2. meera7

meera7 Junior IL'ite

Hi Deepali,

I am very thankful to you for this post.
    I felt ashamed of myself after reading this post for not knowing what is happening around me. I felt that I completely got isolated from this world. My world is COMPUTER and doing work in it.
    Because of my tight schedule and hectic work I am not able to find time to watch news and read newspapers.

Referring to the situation you mentioned in the above post, it is very true that Woman's condition is pathethic and they need help in any way. Can this issue be bring to the notice of International women welfare associations? Can't we do anything on this?

All ILites: Please do post your views, suggestions on this so that we may get a solution or a way to deal this problem which is not the problem of the ONLY women mentioned in the scenario rather it is the problem of all fellow women.

3. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear Meera,

I understand, it takes time to be connected to what's happening around, specially when you are working. Women in these areas, are victim of militants and terrorists.
    Remember, when girls were hit in a pub in Mangalore by Shivsena. We used to say, Is it Taliban In India ? Its a recent Case...

4. megh

megh New IL'ite

Hi Deepali

i liked this post...
    whenever i c something like this on TV i feel really angry......angry with men who torture women and sometimes angry with myself for not doing anything to help them....
    Sometimes i wonder y God lets poor and helpless to suffer like this......
    Keep writng posts like this...

Megha