1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Talented Kids of ILite Moms.

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by prabhabala, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Shreesundaram

Shreesundaram Silver IL'ite

Re: Moms why don't u share the talents of ur kids

Hi friend,

Very encouraging thread.

My elder daughter who is in class 8 is very much interested in writing poetries and stories.

My younger one who is in class 2 is interested in art and music. She drew all our family members and Lord hanuman.

They are learning slokhas and classical music.Elder daughter fully memorised VISHNU SAHASRANAMAM, AADITYA HRUDHAYAM,LINGASHTAGAM,GANESHAPANCHARATNAM,MAHALAKSHMI ASHTAGAM HANUMAN CHALISA..............................

Except VISHNUSAHASRANAMAM,my younger also memorised all the slokhas.

Daily morning they use to chant some slokas before going to school.During holidays all the slokhas.

We are very happy to hearing slokhas by our daughters.

Thanx to our friend for introducing this thread,

Regards

SHREESUNDARAM

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hello friend

Its really amazing to hear about the this talent, iam so happy, even i want my son to learn all this, he is in 3rs standard and knows only few slokams , very good yaar feeling very happy about ur kids, thatoo they are chanting them daily, its so good for them to attain everything in life.

THROUGH PRAYERS V CAN ACHIEVE ANYTHING AND THIS WILL DEFINITELY LEAD THEM TO BRIGHFUL FUTURE.:yes: :2thumbsup:

My special wishes to ur younger one.

latamurali :-D

3. Shreesundaram

Shreesundaram Silver IL'ite

Thank you lata,

First of all we have to thank our prabha for givin this idea, It is really appreciable.

Regarding your son, he is very smart it seems.I think that you are misunderstanding him. Because we can force the children to learn all the things.But we couldn't expect possitive result. Without interest they can obey or co-operate infront of us.But without interest how can they perform in exams or competetions.

This is my opinion and also my experience.

I sent some articles regarding "child discipline, parenting tips .........." in our PARENTING -MISCELLANOUS - thread. You check it that also.

I got so many tips from that.

Regards

SHREESUNDARAM

4. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Hi shree,

Wow! It is really great that ur kids are good in reciting slokas that too daily.

Encourage them. Best wishes to them.

Send ur daughter's poems.

Prabha

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  5. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends, Very nice to see an interesting threads about the talents of our lovely little angels. It is great. I should thank Prabha for having started this thread. As i was away for the past few days today only i saw this thread. Nice to know abt the talents of our ilites' children.

My daughter Akshatha is 10 years old and i have written abt her earlier in this forum. she writes good poems and i have already posted them in the thread "My daughter's poems". She is a voracious reader. She is a great fan of R.L.Stine's Goosebumps. She reads Enid Blyton, J.K. Rowling. She likes reading our mythology too. She has lot of Amar chitra Kathas. I am making her read good English classics nowadays. She recites the slokas well. She is good at drawing. I am enclosing some of her drawings for your comments. She is learning Bharatanatyam and is going to do her Arangetram on Dec 1st in Kuwait. She learns classical music too. She is a gift to us. She is proficient in studies too. Got Scholastics in 2nd and 3rd standards. Since the CBSE did away with exam systems upto 5th std she didn't get her proficiency in 4th and 5th. Working hard now in 6th and aiming to get her proficiency this year.

Pls have yr comments on the drawings enclosed.

Attached Files:

6. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Some more drawings are here. She is very good at acting also. Since we r in Kuwait the children's tamil knowledge is very little. I taught her some stanzas from Bharathiyar's Panchali Sabatham and she acted as draupadi in fancy dress competition and won the accolades of many. She also acted as Jeejabai (spoke in Marathi) (mother of Chatrapati Shivaji) and fisher woman (spoke in Hindi) in school and won prizes. She is good at singing too. She sings songs like Bharatha Samudayam Vazhgave, Vazhiya senthamil vazhaga Naramilar, Neeraruum Kadaludutha etc. in the tamil programmes that are held by tamil sangams here.

Hope i have not bored u all with my daughter's puranam.

Attached Files:

7. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Hi sujatha,

What wonderful drawings!!!!!!!!! congrats to akshatha . so nice to hear about her.

My daughter is also a voracious reader. She attracts every body with her talk including her teachers. Her grasping power is excellent.

Now she is reading Agatha christie novels nowadays.

prabha

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi shree,
    Good that both your daughters are good at shlokas. send them to shloka recitation competitions. encourage them...:yes::yes::yes:

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sujathae

You have a very multitalented daughter. do encourage her a lot. all her drawings have a depth. all the best for her arangetram. do share some photos of the arangetram . I have already read her poems. good awareness in her. All the best to her.......:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

10. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Prabha and Shanthi, Thanks for your fb and comments. I will surely share her photographs of arangetram once the program is over.