1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Talented Kids of ILite Moms.

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by prabhabala, Sep 25, 2007.

1. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Re: Moms why don't u share the talents of ur kids

Hi Rajmi arun,

u are absolutely true. congrats to ur daughter & son. great to read about them.

I was good in everything esp a very good singer in school. But,my parents have not spoken about it to any body. Even relatives never knew my talent. I too was toooooooooooo shy to tell anyone.

My daughter is 100 % attendence holder for many years. This I had inculcated in her and sometimes it becomes a big problem when we have to attend some family function.

I should thank shanthi because she was the one who put her daughter's pictures in IL and that was what encouraged me.

What do u teach Rajmi? I too teach abacus.

U don't feel u are boasting. u are bringing the talent of ur kid that's it.

prabha

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  2. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thanks to prabhubala and shanthi for the best wishes & blessings to my kids.
    It's worthy to see many of our proud mothers & parents sharing their joy & appreciations to their wards achievements.
    Expecting more messages from our other friends about their kids performances & specialities.
    Subbu

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Praba,
    Thanks. I dont teach Abacus, but I train the kids about time management, organizational skills etc. These are soft skills needed for all children and they get to know about it only when they go to their college or when they start their job search.

So I have taken that as a challenge and I teach kids in the classes of 8th to 12th.

4. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Hi! Shanvy,

Somehow missed out on this thread.

The best way to handle"brain works faster than hand" is to make the child write a lot.Most boys hate colouring at a very young age and also don't like to write like the girls.

Give him creative things to write like essays,comprehensions at home and make him check his spellings etc.When children do that,they invariably make mistakes while writing as well.Try this and please be patient with him.You'll soon see results.Never accuse any children of making a mistake etc.Instead ask them to find it for themselves when they have finished and then if they have missed out anything,underline the word or sentence and ask them to see where the fault lies.

Hope this is useful.This is what I do with my son and hope it helps you all at IL.

Regards,
    Asha

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi asha,

thanks for taking so much extra time to reply to this post. the problem is not writing. he writes well infact he is very good in his creative writing and spellings he is very good. he is a lefty converted righty...maybe that could be the reason. we are trying to ask him to read it again after writing.but as you say boys are boys... but according to my paediatrician, he has a basic difference in how his brain works...may be that also...So i have to make him write more and fast...to make him cope up with the speed of his brain. So was looking at if anybody has kids like him and how they cope with it..

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi rajmi,

Great yaar. you should be proud of both your kids.looks like both are nothing short of prodigies.

The same here. my dad never even congragulated me during my university gold medals. veda has around 100's of certificates which his dad is not aware of. i think those days it was different. Today with the competition, exposure our kids do need the moral boosters and encouragement.

I feel this platform should really help us to develop our kids' talents better. When we share things about are kids, both the -ve/+ve, people who are more experienced or having a different perspective can help us out.

all the best for your kids.

7. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Hi subbu sir,

I stayed in Coimbatore for 7 years(during school days) . Cbe is my favourite place. great to see a person from Cbe in this forum.

How are vijayalakshmi & Ramanathan?

My grandma & uncles are there now.

Lovely climate.........

prabha

8. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Hi shanthi,

Vikas publication books - books on birds, books on flowers are good for drawing.
    U get this even in a small stationary shop.

prabha

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi prabha,

Thanks. I have the whole series. thanks for suggesting. i was thinking may be you had something else in mind.

10. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Hi shanthi,

No they are refering this only in drawing class . Also Alka series .
    prabha