1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Taken For Granted?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear RGS,

i am a time pass fellow who knows how make his friends smile, but i cannot make them think, like u do, that is the difference between u and me.

Regards

kamal

5 people like this.
  2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

That shows your humbleness Kamalji, which I don't have.

For your attitude and gentleness,
    You will be welcome everywhere.
    Making me and others to smile no less,
    You are indeed so special Sir!

-rgs

3. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

I just loved this poem of yours which has summarized your write-up as well!!
    And yes, very true about taking even the smallest things for granted...If only we can understand that by being grateful, we acknowledge the positive traits in ourselves, and thereby giving room for much more optimism in life...hmm....

Have become a big fan of your poems! I would like to compare it with "instant maggi", and you seem to come up with poems within minutes ! Even maggi would loose the race I guess, when it comes to your poetry-writing skills!!!

3 people like this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I am sure you must be seeing them also smile by your jokes.....they would be happier than all the pats, encouragement and what not I mentioned in my comment. Jokes did not come to my mind then. Isn't it a great art to make people smile and forget their problems? I think so..Of which everyone is not capable of.

Syamala

1 person likes this.
  5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot OutOfTheBox, for your appreciation. As long as the verses are not stale, I am happy to serve them. :)

Writing a verse is so easy, you know?
    For the rhyming words, just say 'Yes'
    But bluntly put your foot and say 'No'
    If only you find them all meaningless.

-rgs

2 people like this.
  6. rgsrinivasan

Very many thanks Syamala. Kamalji,
    You have a huge loving crowd
    That supports you all the way.
    "I too am one!", I say aloud!
    Cheer up and lighten our day!

:)

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank God for all that rain, in a way isn't it RGS? It not only I am sure, gave you the pleasure of watching and listening to the beauty around you in solitude, but also introduced you to the people who are in your life (and all our lives) yet invisible - neither their fault nor yours/ours. It happens and I am glad you wrote about it for we all have these people in our lives, no doubt about it.

Every Monday night, I wake up around 2 Am to the noise of the truck pulling up to take our garbage, while it might irritate a few for the noise, I for one always end up smiling just knowing that I remembered to keep the trash - if I hate to walk in the cold cold (sometimes snowy) night before I sleep and keep the trash, imagine those guys picking it up! I am sure we all have examples like that and relate to what you are speaking. We all also need that reminder to pause for a moment and acknowledge! While I am mostly surrounded by people who are walking briskly towards their goals, I am also fortunate to have some friends in my neighborhood who absolutely believe they have committed a big sin if they do not give a box of cookies or a small present with a thank you card to these guys during festival days or on those days when they have to dump too much trash to be picked up!

Thank you for a nice write up!

4 people like this.
  8. rgsrinivasan

That was so nice to read SRama. While younger, I saw my father not missing any of these people's family events like wedding or other such functions without fail. I wondered why he did that, but he still does. And constantly reminding me about the way to live, by just his actions. And yes, I did enjoy your 'You had been booed' too. Its a very nice way of making one feel that they aren't different.

At times, I long to be one such fellow too - just doing the job, without worrying about whether I'll get noticed or not. Like some of my blogs here [though I am lot more selfish]. :) Thanks for your feedback. -rgs

9. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

I don't think you will ever be able to deliver a stale verse!!
    Inspired by your poetic advice, here's one for you :)

Writing a verse is easy only for RGS
    And if only I could say 'Yes'
    To statements similar like the one you have just have written
    Because of which all fans like me are smitten :)

3 people like this.
  10. rgsrinivasan

See! How easy it is! So damn simple! Isn't it? And it sounded much better than mine.

This may continue till the time
    Either till the readers felt bitten
    Or when I feel as a squeezed lime.
    Am hoping now to be forgiven. :)

-rgs

1 person likes this.