1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Take time!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lavanya
    Toby Keith has a kindred soul in me! My list is even longer!
    I always seek such things as will make the Time stand still.
    When the ducks cross the road, even the Manhattan traffic will come to a grinding halt! If we decide to take time, the Time will oblige by standing still!
    sri

2. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

I wouldn't be as trusting as you are with Manhattan drivers!! Although I'm in the far south where we supposedly have more retirement communities people still run over many animals... sometimes it just is unavoidable but running over domesticated dogs?? No excuse there!!! :cry:

3. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Taking time is one of the best things that one can do. I recently had the luxury of going on a cruise. My husband has his own business and is always busy travelling or attending meetings. The crusie brought our family together and we had the best time of our lives. When we take time to do thinga at our own pace, I guess we enjoy our life and just be happy.

Regards,
    Jothi.

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    Most of your fans have analysed in detail, the "time" factor.
    But, I being young, repeatedly read the following lines

She distracted me so much that when she asked me who was the person that I was looking for, I was about to shout, “You"

Her face brightened considerably when she heard his name thus giving me an uneasy feeling that there could be something there. Suppressing the stabbing pain of jealousy,

Sri, you underline your middles heavily with humour which makes you stand apart, before you go on to the serious aspect of your post.
    Such well -turned out "chic" girls, give even ladies, a complex ! How can, dashing, suave young men like you not get distracted by them ? The very idea of appointing them is to give a pleasant ambience for the whole morose, stern looking office & distract you if you have come in a "fighting" mood, I think.

Now, coming to your main theme. From my younger days, I have the habit of "sky-gazing" ! I always find time for that, however tight my day is. Those few mts relax me so much that I feel rejuvenated to go through my routine, the rest of the day.
    Not boasting at all, in fact, far from it, I believe very much in time planning & a well organized routine, that I find time to savour every small thing I do. I cannot stand people who say "no time at all", as if the others are blessed with more than 24 hrs a day.
    From my younger days, a favourite quote of mine is

The heights by great men reached and kept
    Were not attained by sudden flight
    But, they, while their companions slept
    Were toiling upward in the night.

Knowing that we are nearing our last day "very fast", let us "go slow with our pace of life", so that we enjoy everything in life giving it, the time & respect, it richly deserves.

I do hope, you find time to read my long post, perhaps a little longer than your leader post.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Cheeniya

Dear Jothi
    Here I sit and preach and you go there and practise! Lucky you!
    Dont stop with one cruise. Make life a series of enjoyable cruises!
    More importantlay, share such joys with us as you have done this time. Looking at it, some more IL ites may feel enthused to take ime!
    sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    You seem to have hit the nail on its head with your explanation of the presence of 'chic' women in front offices! I do agree that they are thoroughly capable of taking the fight out of even the most hostile customer. I now understand why their smiles are called 'disarming'
    That favourite verse of yours is a fabulous piece! If it cant motivate people, nothing can.
    I am happy that you have responded to my post with a longer one! And a more sensible one too!
    sri

7. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Cheenia sir,
    Yeds indeed! Rushing madly has become a way of life and I expect it to be more rush in the generations to come.Everyone wants to do so many things in a little time. Life is short and realising this we rush to fufill our needsand wishes which are far too many thereby reducing our lifespan itself. In fact to visit a close friend we have to wait in queue to get her free time. For a family outing which is next to impossible so much time mangement is required.
    I have not read your thread so long because I dont relax!.I do hope to reply regularly by putting your ramblings in my routine!
    Regards,
    Meenu

8. Cheeniya

Dear Meenu
    You are right! How we tend to forget the goal in our mindless rushing!
    I am happy to have you stepping into my Senile world.
    May your participation in this forum bring about sanity!
    Sri

9. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,
    Oof i felt so stressed out after the way you explained all the things everyone does in a hurry!:tongue
    Well, actually life in Europe or maybe in Germany is not so hectic. I think in a way what Kamala says is true....everyone seems to have more time to sit back and enjoy than rush about doing work. Kamala having lived her earlier years in Germany has described well the time for coffee gettogethers and the holidays people plan to go out with families etc. On fridays after 3pm, no one works, in fact it is called rush hour traffic since every one is out soon and have a loooong weekend enjoying with friends and family! :yes:

So well um hah um,.... i cannot complain....i have completely got into this routine, and we REALLY take time now and i must say it has been wonderful, relaxing and more peaceful. i tell my hubby we seem to be having a life like retired people, and like the others have rightly pointed out, he say this is the time to ENJOY Life when we are still not too old to move around!
    So i know what u are talking abt and i wish the younger generation TAKES TIME to enjoy life and not postpone it for a later date which never arrives!

10. veenapoo

veenapoo New IL'ite

Hello sri,
    how true! Not only now, even 20 years back I had a neighbour. For a function, she would get ready hours before and rush the other women. And even before the programme ends, she would hurry to come back home. It was always like that. People used to get irritated by her.
    My hubby is such a kind- he is always in a hurry. He will want to go to the beach- at 4 itself in the Chennai weather. As soon as we reach there and settle down and the heat becomes a little less and people start to come over, he will hurry us to start back. I did not feel like going with him.
    May be he wants to experience everything at once. So bad!