Take care of your parents. THEY ARE PRECIOUS...

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by vivbass, Oct 18, 2007.

1. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

<table style="width: 100%;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td style="padding: 0.75pt; width: 99.4%;" valign="top" width="99%"> This was narrated by an IAF pilot to IIT students during a Seminar on Human Relations:
    Venkatesh Balasubramaniam (who works for IIT) describes how his gesture of booking an air ticket for his father, his maiden flight, brought forth a rush of emotions and made him (Venkatesh) realize that how much we all take for granted when it comes to our parents.
    My parents left for our native place on Thursday and we went to the airport to see them off. In fact, my father had never
    traveled by air before, so I just took this opportunity to make him experience the same. In spite of being asked to book tickets by train, I got them tickets on Jet Airways. The moment I handed over the tickets to him, he was surprised to see that I had booked them by air. The excitement was very apparent on his face, waiting for the time of travel. Just like a school boy, he was preparing himself on that day and we all went to the airport, right from using the trolley for his luggage, the baggage check-in and asking for a window seat and waiting restlessly for the security check-in to happen. He was thoroughly enjoying <script><!-- D(["mb"," himself and I, too, was overcome with joy watching him experience all these things. \u003c/span\>\u003c/font\>\u003cfont color\u003d\"#424200\"\>\u003cspan style\u003d\"color:#424200\"\>\u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>\u003c/span\>\u003c/font\>\u003cfont face\u003d\"Comic Sans MS\" color\u003d\"blue\"\>\n\u003cspan style\u003d\"color:blue\"\>As they were about to go in for the security check-in\u003cspan\>, \u003c/span\>\u003cspan\>he\u003c/span\> walked up to me with tears in his eyes and thanked me. He \u003cspan\>became \u003c/span\>\u003cbr\>\u003cspan\>very\u003c/span\> emotional and it was not as if I had done something great but the fact that this meant a great deal to him. \n\u003c/span\>\u003c/font\>\u003cfont color\u003d\"#424200\"\>\u003cspan style\u003d\"color:#424200\"\>\u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>\u003c/span\>\u003c/font\>\u003cfont face\u003d\"Comic Sans MS\" color\u003d\"blue\"\>\u003cspan style\u003d\"color:blue\"\>When he said thanks, I told him there was no need \u003cspan\>to \u003c/span\>\u003cspan\>\nthank\u003c/span\> me. But later, thinking about the entire incident, I looked back \u003cbr\>at my life. As a child, how many dreams our parents have made come true. Without understanding the financial situation, we ask for cricket bats, dresses, toys, outings, etc. Irrespective of their affordability, they have catered to all our needs. Did we ever think about the sacrifices they had to make to accommodate many of our wishes? Did we ever say thanks for all that they have done for us? Same way, today when it comes to our children, we always think that we should put them in a good school. Regardless of the amount of donation, we will ensure that we will have to give the child the best, theme parks, toys, etc. But we \n\u003cbr\>tend to forget that our parents have sacrificed a lot for our sake to see us happy, so it is our responsibility to ensure that their dreams are realized and what they failed to see when they were young. It \u003cspan\>is \u003c/span\>\n\u003cspan\>our\u003c/span\> responsibility to ensure that they experience all those and their life is complete. \u003c/span\>\u003c/font\>\u003cfont color\u003d\"#424200\"\>\u003cspan style\u003d\"color:#424200\"\>\u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>\u003c/span\>\u003c/font\>\u003cfont face\u003d\"Comic Sans MS\" color\u003d\"blue\"\>\n\u003cspan style\u003d\"color:blue\"\>Many times, when my parents had asked me some questions\u003cspan\>, \u003c/span\>\u003cspan\>I\u003c/span\> have actually answered back without patience. When my daughter asks me something, I have been very polite in answering. Now I realize \n",1] ); //--></script> himself and I, too, was overcome with joy watching him experience all these things.
    As they were about to go in for the security check-in, he walked up to me with tears in his eyes and thanked me. He became
    very emotional and it was not as if I had done something great but the fact that this meant a great deal to him.
    When he said thanks, I told him there was no need to thank me. But later, thinking about the entire incident, I looked back
    at my life. As a child, how many dreams our parents have made come true. Without understanding the financial situation, we ask for cricket bats, dresses, toys, outings, etc. Irrespective of their affordability, they have catered to all our needs. Did we ever think about the sacrifices they had to make to accommodate many of our wishes? Did we ever say thanks for all that they have done for us? Same way, today when it comes to our children, we always think that we should put them in a good school. Regardless of the amount of donation, we will ensure that we will have to give the child the best, theme parks, toys, etc. But we
    tend to forget that our parents have sacrificed a lot for our sake to see us happy, so it is our responsibility to ensure that their dreams are realized and what they failed to see when they were young. It is our responsibility to ensure that they experience all those and their life is complete.
    Many times, when my parents had asked me some questions, I have actually answered back without patience. When my daughter asks me something, I have been very polite in answering. Now I realize <script><!-- D(["mb","\u003cspan\>how \u003c/span\>\u003cspan\>they\u003c/span\> would have felt at those moments. \u003c/span\>\u003c/font\>\u003cfont color\u003d\"#424200\"\>\u003cspan style\u003d\"color:#424200\"\>\u003cbr\>\u003c/span\>\u003c/font\>\u003cfont face\u003d\"Comic Sans MS\" color\u003d\"blue\"\>\u003cspan style\u003d\"color:blue\"\>\u003cbr\>\nLet us realize that old age is a second childhood \u003cspan\>and \u003c/span\>\u003cspan\>just\u003c/span\> as we take care of our children, the same attention and same care \u003cbr\>needs to be given to our parents and elders. Rather than my dad saying thank you to me, I would want to say sorry for making him wait so long for this small dream. I do realize how much he has sacrificed for \n\u003cspan\>my \u003c/span\>\u003cspan\>sake\u003c/span\> and I will do my best to give the best possible attention to all their wishes. \u003c/span\>\u003c/font\>\u003cfont color\u003d\"#424200\"\>\u003cspan style\u003d\"color:#424200\"\>\u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>\u003c/span\>\u003c/font\>\u003cfont face\u003d\"Comic Sans MS\" color\u003d\"blue\"\>\n\u003cspan style\u003d\"color:blue\"\>Just because they are old does not mean that they \u003cspan\>will \u003c/span\>\u003cspan\>have\u003c/span\> to give up everything and keep sacrificing for their grandchildren \u003cbr\>also. They have wishes, too. \u003c/span\>\u003c/font\>\n\u003cfont face\u003d\"Comic Sans MS\" color\u003d\"blue\"\>\u003cspan style\u003d\"color:blue\"\>\u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>Take care of your parents. THEY ARE PRECIOUS. \u003cbr\>\u003cbr\>- KEEP THIS MESSAGE GOING BY SENDING IT TO YOUR FRIENDS\u003c/span\>\u003c/font\>\u003c/p\>\u003c/td\>\u003c/tr\>\u003c/tbody\>\u003c/table\>\nRegards,\u003cbr\>",1] ); //--></script> how they would have felt at those moments.
    Let us realize that old age is a second childhood and just as we take care of our children, the same attention and same care
    needs to be given to our parents and elders. Rather than my dad saying thank you to me, I would want to say sorry for making him wait so long for this small dream. I do realize how much he has sacrificed for my sake and I will do my best to give the best possible attention to all their wishes.
    Just because they are old does not mean that they will have to give up everything and keep sacrificing for their grandchildren
    also. They have wishes, too.

Take care of your parents. THEY ARE PRECIOUS.

- KEEP THIS MESSAGE GOING BY SENDING IT TO YOUR FRIENDS

</td></tr></tbody></table>

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Vivbass,
    Each and every word about the sacrifice of parents is very true. Unless our parents made sacrifices we would not be what and where we are today. For us something might be a habit but for the older generation that might be an experience. They are more than precious. Great Post!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :thumbsup

3. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear janani thanx for ur reply..
    yes,our parents r precious:thumbsup

4. pallavisurapaneni

pallavisurapaneni New IL'ite

:clapits really nice.They are really very precious.good one.

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vivbass
    Wow this is really a very beautiful one. This reminds me of my Father in law who has a wish to sit in a plane before he dies as he has a little bit of health problems we are not able to take him:-( which I always feel guity about it he is a very simple man we all are taking lot of care of him as we are planning to get him here this time when we go to India. I am just hoping at least this time it works and we will be able to fulfil his wish.
    Parents are very precious after they are old ofcouse they are like small kids which we have to take care off them as our own kids as they have spent they entire life for the welbeing of us it is because of them that we are here successful in life. What ever we do for them is less. They have brot us to this wonderful world and showed us and thot us all the wonderful things in life.
    I would like to share with all something very beautiful.
    My mom knows very little English( but managable to complete a sentence) she is not educated has completed her 10th in marathi medium, recently she is learning to use computers. She is 65yrs and she is so much interested in that. She has kept a teacher to teach her. I am proud of her as even at this age she has so much interest in learning. She even comes on the net to chat with me. Yeh she is slow in typing but she does it and I appreciate it. In case she doesn't know something she will ask me and I explain it to her. And the most important think that I appreciate is she does not want to have a voice chat she want to type as she wants to improve her english.
    We owe our entire life to them.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  6. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

very true..that parents are precious.:clap.We owe our existence..our astitva.. to them. How can they not be precious?
    i share a great relationship with mine..We support, advise, respect and inspire one another. We are like friends.
    it is truly unfortunate and sad when children neglect their parents in the sandhya of their lives..Love them, take care of them, let the fag end of their life's journey be happy. You owe it to them..just the way you owe them your life.

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai vivbass

Ur 1000000% true PARENTS ARE VERY PRECIOUS ythan anything anybody in this universe

Even at times, i used to fight with my mom, use harsh words very often but, i never failed to fulfill her wishes and dreams

Suddenly i will take her to some of her favourite spots and get her (surprsingly) diabetic footwear,give her lunch in hotel, take her to big shoppping malls and exhibitions where she has never ever gone b4...........

My mom, she is a very very very GREAT LADY IN THE WORLD AND SHE HAD MADE LOT .................OF SACRIFICES IN LIFE JUS FOR US.....AND STILL HOLDING THE BREATH JUS FO HER KIDS .........THAT MUCH PROBLEMS SHE HAS FACED IN HER LIFE

Ma, I luv u and pls forgive me for my harsh words,actions and behaviour.

Arunarc

I really appreciate ur mom for her urge to learn and her confidence

HATS OFF TO HER :clap:clap:clap:clap:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

eVEN MY MOM IS LEARNING ENGLISH AND I ALSO WANT HER TO LEARN COMPUTER ATLEAST FOR CHATING WITH MY MY SISTER

latamurali

8. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ilites,
    parents are invaluable. we should do our best for them , in every small way that we can, coz once they are gone there is no replacement for them ever .... what they have done for us no one can do or will ever do . so it is better that we are good to them while they are here , so that after they are gone we dont repent.One should always also remember that what ever goes around , comes around too. So if we want our kids to emulate our actions , we should always be good to our parents.

9. Moonbeams

Moonbeams Bronze IL'ite

Yes...parents r PRECIOUS....n v have made a habit of taking them for granted....

10. vaidehi.sa

vaidehi.sa New IL'ite

hi vivbass,

the thoughts u expressed r so very true. that is all parents ask in their old age the though that they are precious makes their life & the sacrifice that they made was worthwhile.
    god bless u for ur kind deed to them