Tailor and Parlor in Kukatpally Housing Board Area

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Hyderabad' started by suya, Nov 23, 2007.

1. suya

suya New IL'ite

Can somebody suggest me some good tailors in kukatpally housing board area and also good beauty parlors for hair cut.

Have tried some tailors in 6th phase but none of them seems to be good.
    Also any shops where we can buy good dress materials preferably cotton varities at reasonable prices.

Thank you in advance..

2. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

Madhavi Tailors are very famous in the KPHB area.
    I think they are bit expensive too, but Madhavi Tailors has been recommended by my tailor. He said they are prompt and stitching is very fine.
    Address: LIG 84, Road#2, KPHB Colony. 040-23055607
    Parlour: Women's Era Near Universal Bakery(Behind)
    Dresses:Factory Outlet Road#1 and some shops in Vivekananda Nagar

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  3. lalitha_krish

lalitha_krish New IL'ite

Hi,
    For tailor - I would suggest Sujji's in baghyanagar colony,Opps to saibaba temple
    She has a systematic way ofhandling customers.I have had no problem with the stitchings also,

For parlour : Actually there are lots that have come up recently on the mainroad,
    Vibes,Lakme,Anoo's etc. though they charge exhorbitantly.If you want to try normal ones,there in chinese parlour in the building next to Sujji's .The name is someting like 'Huang ...." .She does a good job of haircuts.

4. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi suya,
    For tailor there is Taruni tailor opp to MNR school. For reasonable dress material there is a shop beside rightside of RSbrothers I dont remember the name it starts from "C' they sell everything in wholesale prices.

5. Sushmavarala

rightside of RSbrothers----Is it Chawli Selections?

6. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Thanks sushma ya its chawli

7. Sushmavarala

Hi Do they have cotton like Banjara Prints? I think they deal mostly with Synthetic Materials. I had been to the shop to buy matchings for blouses, saree falls etc. This is one shop which is busy always and I have seen the owner saying to his people not to spend too much time if something is not available and asking them to move on. But definetely matchings, i think that is the best shop in Kukatpally.Even I am on the look out for cotton dresses which have block prints, organza material. I know we could get in Hyderabad, but these days with traffic jams, i prefer to shop only in Kukatpally Housing Board area for my needs, though they may be sometimes costlier than city.If you know of some specific shops where we get cottons like Vasundhara prints, block prints and Banjara prints in Kukatpally area please let me know. There is one shop in Vivekananda Nagar but I forgot the address.

8. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi sushma,
    Yes this shop is always busy specially in evening hrs its true that shop owner behaves like that I have seen couple of times but never happened to me I did buy some cotton materials upstairs of the shop the same materials was 20 to 30 rupees more in Taruni- secunderabad this is my personal experience . But I do most of my shopping in cheapJack, Taruni sec and Ameerpet as they have lot of varieties. As u said they have less variety of cottons compared to synthetic but I can say it is cheap compare to other shops .I did buy some plain sarees, embroidery saree, sofa cover cloth, petticoat cloth (it got fadded). I always do shopping in afternoon as there is no rush.
    There was a shop called cotton world(just backside lane of swagat restaurant), but now they changed their name they had very good collection of cottons and had inhouse tailor also but I dont know still the shop is running.
    Meanwhile if u come under any cotton material shops share with me it will be useful for me when I come to vacation .
    wishes,
    latha

9. Sushmavarala

Hi Latha,Being a working woman, I can do and I do my shopping on Saturdays only and this shop is closed on Sunday (am not sure). I have never been upstairs in the shop. I will try once. .
    Cotton World was very good shop, each piece in the shop was unique and I could go to the shop on my return to office. However these days every alternate shop on the road has a inhouse tailor and displays some dress materials. I shall post the addresses once I find out new ones

10. itsmebuzzme

itsmebuzzme New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I can recomend my aunty who runs a tailoring shop from her residence at Vivekananda Nagar colony close to More Supermarket.

If you are the one who expects PROMPT DELIVERY with good fitting and finishing of salwar suits, Blouses .... try her.

I can give her contact number too ... 9440282674.