1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Taare Zameen Par

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Devika Menon, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Just watched Taare Zameen Par, A wonderful film with a great message!!!. Sometimes it takes a movie like this to understand certain valuable lessons.:cheers:cheers

We humans have too many expectations from people. Yes 99% of us have very unrealistic expectations from the very own people who mean the world to us, 'our parents, husband/wife, kids.

I wonder why ??? Why dont we simply accept the fact that the people we love have to be accepted with their shortcomings bonk. All around me I hear the same expectations. Expecting parents to always be around and fulfil our needs , no matter what and theres always this question,( What have you done for us?)
    Expecting the husbands to be able earn just as much as the friends husbands or BIL etc etc.Expecting them to always fulfil your desires
    Expecting wife's to always look like she's just walked out of a soap opera,always neatly dressed and beautiful.Look its humanly impossible with all the household work and the Indian climate

Expecting kids to always win in what ever they participate.( You must come first )is meted out to them year after year., irrespective of thier capabilities.

Infact too many expectations are one of the primary reasons for unsuccessful bonding, whether its parent /child,husband/wife or brother /sister.

IF we can just understand the capabilites and the boundaries of our loved ones and accept them with all their flaws and shortcomings, it would make living much more easier.

Regards,

Devika

2. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

i 2 agree u devika:iagree

3. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Really,a wonderful movie:clap
    everyone should watch this,i cried in many scenes,superb acting,each & everyone,mainly the boy:clap
    Bowto u Aamir khan.
    i'll give 4/5 **** for this film.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  4. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

The movie is simply superb:bowdown. Very touching...good actin by Aamir and the small boy Ishan. If I were one of the leaders of a country i would put an order to all the parents & teachers to watch the movie.

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Well said Devika
    It is so true in today's competitive world some of the parents I have noticed force they kids so much to study or do anything and expect them to be number one in all the fields. How is it possible. I pity these kids. I feel these kids have lost they childhood, at an young age where they have to play and enjoy, get matured before the age and later somewhere they loss they own freedom. I feel all such parents should see this movie. We should be happy what our kids are, either then making them what we want, or forcing them to become what we want.

6. gayu123in

gayu123in Senior IL'ite

yep... it was a wonderful film.. moaking so many awareness now a days.. hats of to that director...

7. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Devika,

Indeed, TZP is an excellent movie...infact I was in tears for a lot of scenes during the movie.

It is a good film...especially for us parents...to realise that our expectations from our children should be realistic. We need to know their limits and encourage them to reach for it...and not try to push beyond that..which may lead to pressure, frustration and disppointment.

Aamir Khan is a wonderful actor & director..he has brought out the emotions from Darsheel so skilfully. The little boy has really lived that role and not even for a moment do we feel that he is acting ! Must be a prodigy !

The last scene, when Aamir is eagerly waiting for Darsheel to turn up for the drawing competition and the happiness, joy and relief on his face after seeing him...when he draws the boy's pic ...all add up to an emotion of fireworks...makes the audience happy with tears of joy !

Definitely, I will recommend everyone to watch this wonderful movie any time !

Cheers
    Krithika

8. Sushmavarala

Sushmavarala Senior IL'ite

It was an excellent movie. And in a very underlying manner the message was told. Aamir Khan has done excellent work and this is a real eye opener to such parents.

9. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hey Dear Friends ,Thanks a ton for your FBs . I didnt realise that this thread has suddenly peeped from the closet. This was posted sometime back.

I agree Taare Zameen Par is a movie to remember for a lfetime .Hats off to Aamir Khan!!

Love,
    Devika

10. sandanamullai

sandanamullai New IL'ite

It made me to cry in so many scenes. A wonderful movie every parents must watch!

thanks,
    Mullai