1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Taare Zameen Par !!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Abha, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Misha_K

Misha_K New IL'ite

Hello Everybody

'Taare Zameen Par ' is a movie which showcases the plight of children in today's competative times. More importantly it creates an awareness about children with Dyslexia and the trauma they go through adjusting to the norms set by the society. The movie brings to light how a little patience , understanding and love can go a long way and do wonders.

Hats off to Aamir Khan who has outdone himself as a director in this movie. Actor of great stature but director par excellence.Special credit goes to Darsheel Safri who portrays the character of 'Ishaan' . The movie has been scripted and directed very well to suit the sensitivity of the subject.

I highly recommend the movie to everyone who has not seen it yet and those of us who have ---Recognize and appreciate each child as a unique individual. Because every child is indeed Special.

2. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi!!
    I read this in a forum....

The story of the movie "Taare Zameen Par" is copied from the book "Thank you Mr. Falker" by Patricia Polacco.
    The movie has a slight variation: instead of a girl, there's a boy, and instead of the girl being a good story teller, the boy is an artist. Even scenes like writing on the sand, mirror images, bullying and the list goes on and on are from the book.
    At least give credit to the author where you get the story from.
    For those who haven't read the book you can read more at the author's website:
    www.patriciapolacco.com/books/falker/<wbr>falker_index.html
    Here's what the author has to say:
    "I did not learn how to read until I was almost 14 years old. Can you imagine what it was like to see all my friends do so well in school and I wasn't! I thought I was dumb. I didn't like school because there was this boy that always teased me and made me feel even dumber.
    When I was fourteen, it was learned that I have a learning disability. It is called dyslexia. I felt trapped in a body that wouldn't do what everybody else could do. That was when one of my hero's, my teacher, found what was wrong with me and got me the help I needed to succeed in school.
    Of course , now that I am an adult, I realize that being learning disabled does not mean DUMB AT ALL! As a matter of fact, I have learned that being learning disabled only means that I cannot learn the way most of you do. As a matter of fact most learning disabled children are actually GENIUSES! once I learned how to read and caught up with the rest of my fellow students, I did very well."

Cheers
    Ramya

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008
  3. sreemu

sreemu Bronze IL'ite

Hi everyone
    we saw the movie and i was so moved by it I think it is a must watch movie for all the parents and parents to be also we all realise it but we do so many things wrong sub consciously i guess yes as someone said be ready with a box of tissues while watching the movie
    everyone must watch it if u get the chance
    take care
    sree

4. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame