Sydney Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Sydney' started by Induslady, Oct 29, 2006.

1. nimmi_18

nimmi_18 New IL'ite

Hi Cynthia - I am from Chennai, Tamil and have living in Sydney for the last three years - i am working fulltime and my husband is in IT . We have a two year old son. Nice to meet you.

2. Ozbride

Ozbride New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

How r u all?call me Ozbride ,there is a long story behind the name but i am not going into that now.born and bought up in chennai,my 23 years of life has been in chennai,came to downunder in 2004 for higher studies ,at the moment settled in sydney,workng in IT field .i am married ,no kids yet.The reason i joined this online community is to start blogging or rambling about "women"after marriage.i beleive after marrrige there is heaps of transformation in women.some of you out there would have been married for long time with teenage kids @home ,for them the topic maybe irrevelent but i am sure you can all input ur valuable thoughts on wht i am going to blog.My blog is going to majorly concentrate on lifestyle changes to women after marriage ,dealing with in laws,husband and kids who take us all for granted,career women or working women.scrap me ur thoughts.bye for now:coffee

3. Ozbride

Ozbride New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

How r u all?call me Ozbride ,there is a long story behind the name but i am not going into that now.born and bought up in chennai,my 23 years of life has been in chennai,came to downunder in 2004 for higher studies ,at the moment settled in sydney,workng in IT field .i am married ,no kids yet.The reason i joined this online community is to start blogging or rambling about "women"after marriage.i beleive after marrrige there is heaps of transformation in women.some of you out there would have been married for long time with teenage kids @home ,for them the topic maybe irrevelent but i am sure you can all input ur valuable thoughts on wht i am going to blog.My blog is going to majorly concentrate on lifestyle changes to women after marriage ,dealing with in laws,husband and kids who take us all for granted,career women or working women.scrap me ur thoughts.bye for now:coffee

4. helenjoice

helenjoice New IL'ite

Hi,
    I had gone thru indusladies many a times as an observer and felt now that i should participate in the threads to meet new friends.

About me,
    I am Kavitha Arumugam and migrated to sydney this Feb 2008. I was born on January 23rd and my native place is worldfamous Veerapan's city Sathyamangalam in Tamil Nadu.

Education
    I did my schooling in Sathy and college education in PSG Tech, Coimbatore. I have done my BSc Applied Sciences and Msc Applied Mathematics in the same college as a hostelite between 1993-1998.

Job
    I was campus recruited by an IT company CGI, Bangalore formerly knowns as IMR in 1998. I went to USA in 2000 and then got married on July 2nd, 2001. Had spent 4 years in USA. Have a son, Alvin who is very naughty and a very good kid. I just luv him like anything. I have been looking for a job in Sydney ever since i came here and getting frustrated as well.

2. Spicy Foods
    3. My Family.
    4. Being Spritual. (I am Roman Catholic)
    5. To listen and sing along music...Luv Classical and Light Music.
    6. To read Tamil Novels by Suba, Pattu Kotai Prabhakar, Rajesh Kumar etc.
    7. To become a successful Entepreneur one day.

Looking forward to meeting new friends !

Regards,
    Kavitha

5. nimmi_18

nimmi_18 New IL'ite

Hi Kavitha & Oz bride - Nice to meet you all. Its nice to see some responses in the sydney forums.

6. Alka Sharma

Alka Sharma New IL'ite

Re: Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. It's really great place to make new friends.

My name is Alka Sharma.I was born brought up in Bathinda ( Punjab) and married to handsome Guy in Chandigarh. I have One 3 1/2 years old boy.

We have been here for 1 1/2 year and living here in Parramatta( Sydney). My husband is working as a IT Manager in Lane Cove business park. I am looking for work as a customer service representative. I can comfortably speak Hindi, Punjabi and English.

My hobbies are Singing,painting and Listening Music.

I am looking for new friends.

Cheers,

Alka

7. jyothsna_tulsi

jyothsna_tulsi New IL'ite

Re: Kalpana introduction

hi kalpana,
    i am very glad to see u r self history,hobbies, which are very intresting and unique. u mabe be recollect all the books which my father used to read .

hope u dont mind kalpana , i need a small information regarding money transaction from USA bank to AUSTRAILA ,Sydney bank.As u work for bank in Sydney ,i thought u might help me , it will be great kalpana,coz my brother very recently come to sydney on student visa to do his MIT.so i could like to help him.

thank u
    jyothsna

8. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi all

This is Ruby from Lidcombe :)
    But unlike u all i was born in Sydney and hav just finished my HSC, i joined this forum to learn and connect with people who are so similar to me.
    Right now i dont noe wat im doing... waiting for my hsc results but before that i need to loose weight.
    Because of studyn at home and doing nothing for the last two years i hav gained 20 kg and i am on a journey to loose it, so joined here to get some support :)
    If there is anyone in sydney hu also wants to loose weight pm me and we can be weightloss buddies :)

tc
    luv Ruby

9. ghar99

ghar99 New IL'ite

Hi Ruby
    My name is Guneet. I am anewbie to this forum. I live in Liberty Grove not far from lidcombe and am desperate to loose 8-10 kilos and would like to very much have a weightloss buddy.
    I have 2 young children 4- 6 and am a stay at home mom.
    I hope this is still relevant to you.:)
    cheers
    Guneet

10. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

hey Guneet...well this forum is very useful in helping u loosed weight if u go to the sub forum keeping fit and mainintain weightloss u can see alot of tips and post ur progress and get inspires by ur progress....if u can also join a gym...i go to the one in burwood...keep in touch =D