Sydney in general & UNSW in particular

Discussion in 'Indians in Sydney' started by Vaijayanthi, Dec 5, 2006.

1. anlalitha

anlalitha New IL'ite

re: Moving to Australia, what cities to consider other than Melbourne or Sydney?

Hi surekha,

I'll go with aruna. U have to rent a house out of city for a low rent as the rent in city will be more.

The temperature in brisbane is just the same as Hyderabad. Since u r from Hyd, u will find it good.

U better buy a car when u are settled here as transportation with a car is cheaper here when compared to the amount u spend on taxi or trains or buses, as the gas is just a dollar.

U can find good indian shops almost at all suburbs, so there'l be no issues on ur grocery.

Just wait for the others to reply and take a good and wise decision.

All the best.
    lalitha shyam:thumbsup

2. subaby

subaby New IL'ite

re: Moving to Australia, what cities to consider other than Melbourne or Sydney?

thanx so much lalitha :thumbsup, tht wd give me a brief idea. I think initially i'll have to struggle a lill maybe until we afford to buy a car. I was really worried abt the availability of indian spices. I've been surfing a lot of websites for this. Any link tht you cld provide me or would you be able to give me a break up of grocery prices for an indian household?

what should be an average househld salary for us if we move to brisbane? keeping in mind, the expenditure on food, rent, shopping, entertainment and also sending money back home here?

There are so many things to think of, I'm getting very tensed up. Both my hus and I work for HSBC BPO here, we are keeping our fingers crossed that we should get a job at HSBC there. :roll:

surekha Computer Typing

3. bd703

bd703 New IL'ite

Buying a home in sydney suburbs

Hi dear sydney ILs,
    did anyone buy a house/any property in this first home buyer boom? Where did u buy and why? We r thinking of buying a house/villa between parramatta and blacktown(excluding both) any advise of which suburbs are good? Please let me know, as im sick and tired of losing the weekend in house hunting(since four looooong monthsRant)instead of working and gathering some money for new home decorationbonk, please give me any advise that you may think would be useful for me. Thank you all in advance.
    Love
    Bhargavi

4. Janerod

Janerod New IL'ite

Help! Initial Accommodation in Sydney

Hi,

Can someone pls. guide me with a suitable initial accommodation in Sydney? What would be preferable? Lodges or hotels. We are moving with our son aged 5 yrs mid next month. If someone had a good experience in a lodge or a hotel, cld you pls. share your experience with me. Thanks again!:rotfl

5. shikhachandna

shikhachandna New IL'ite

Re: Help! Initial Accommodation in Sydney

Hi,
    I do not know which part of sydney you are coming to. But I stayed with my husband and baby at Randwick lodge for a week. They had extra beds, cots, kitchen (M/w, electric plates, pans etc) and very close to shops and beach. The rate was around 350 for a week (my husband got student discount).

Thanks,
    Shikha

6. Janerod

Janerod New IL'ite

Hi Shikha,

Thanks for the help! I will check out this lodge. Since this is our first visit to Sydney. We are not very well acquainted with the places around but was looking out for someone who could help with their experiences. Cheers!

7. shikhachandna

shikhachandna New IL'ite

Are you in Sydney yet? Do let me know if I can help you more with settling.

Shikha

8. Janerod

Janerod New IL'ite

Thanks Shikha for your help! Very much Appreciated. We ll be landing in Sydney in May. I ll get in touch with you.:cheers

9. shikhachandna

shikhachandna New IL'ite

Hi,
    Sorry I didnt log in to this site for a loooong time :)
    I guess you must be in Sydney by now.

Take care,
    Shikha

10. Janerod

Janerod New IL'ite

Hi Shikha,

Yes, we are in Surry hills, Sydney right now. Could you pls. advise which suburbs in inner west are good to live. My hubby has got a job in Seven Hills.:)