Sydney in general & UNSW in particular

Discussion in 'Indians in Sydney' started by Vaijayanthi, Dec 5, 2006.

1. svrlax

svrlax Senior IL'ite

Re: New to Sydney-"No worries mate" Grocery and veggie shop locator guide

Nirmala Welcome to IL. I see this is your first post. Be cautious when you use such services, as I donot know any one who have used it. So I request you to go ahead with great caution. When you have used it spare your experiences for us over here in IL.

2. nimmi_18

nimmi_18 New IL'ite

Re: New to Sydney-"No worries mate" Grocery and veggie shop locator guide

Hi Thanks for cautining me - i agree shopping online using credit cards is a bit scary - i usually get coles or woolies to deliver home and pay the extra bit...

3. beesidhu

beesidhu New IL'ite

Indian Groceries in Sydney

Hi ....will be going to Sydney for 3 weeks to visit my daughter where to get indian grocerries ??? i am totally lost

Thanksss

4. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

re: Indian Groceries in Sydney

Dear Beesidhu,

Pls refer to the thread started by Svrlax: New to Sydney-"No worries mate" Grocery and veggie shop locator guide . Your query has been dealt in detail in this thread.

Regards,

Corallux

5. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Waxing and Threading in Sydney?

Anyone know of a place where they offer Brazillian waxing and threading eyebrows in Sydney?

6. qwertysgal

qwertysgal New IL'ite

Sydneys new-est housewife

Ive joined the denizens of aussie indian housewives and I must say it isnt half as bad. Ive yet to pep myself up to set out fulfilling all my objectives I jotted down for myself. I guess because Im newly married the highlight of my days waiting for my better half to walk thru the door. Ive managed to fix some decent meals but the cleaning and arrangings still to be done. The previous tenants kept the house we're in in horrid condition which leaves yours truly to scrub...so household chores aside Im thinking ok I need to have a proper proper list of condiments etc, buy them bulk & store them.

Thing is Im new here, I get around fairly well and manage independently but the most pressing issues are
    1. where do I buy those indian spices (Im passionate about improving on my kitchen skills) oh and I live in Glenfield, anything upto Campbelltown sounds ok. 2. smart train travel tips. (I come from the gulf so go figure lol) 3. what kind of passtimes women involve themselves in.
    I guess any kind of experience sharing and idea exchange should get me rubbing my hands in glee :rotflNote I havent said advice is appreciated ;-) lol

Maybe I should start this with a seperate post but here goes anyway, this is more like a poll, what do u'll miss most bout home wen u just get married and move away from home? Mines simple, I miss me moms hugs *sighs*
    Right then ull have a gr8 weekend all :thumbsup

7. RAMYAKAND

RAMYAKAND New IL'ite

service apartment suggestions - Epping or Hornsby Sydney

Hello,

We (My husband and 7 yr old son) shall be moving to Sydney sometime in April - 2009. I wanted some references of good economic service apartments one may look at in the Hornsby or Epping locality at Sydney till we locate a good retal accomodation. Please can you suggest any.

Noticed this forum has some good discussion threads on moving and relocation tips.

:thumbsup

regards
    Ramya

8. qwertysgal

qwertysgal New IL'ite

indian spices around the area

does anyone know where I could buy indian spices around campbelltown/glenfield/macquaries?
    thanks in advance

9. subaby

subaby New IL'ite

Moving to Australia, what cities to consider other than Melbourne or Sydney?

Hello all,:)

i'd moving to australia with my husband by the end of this year as immigrants. Could anyone tell me which would be the best city for us to work and settle? :confused2:Melbourne and Sydney are cities which we would not consider as the cost of living is expensive.

We are keen on moving to either Brisbane or Adelaide.Could anyone tell us the climate and cost of living like grocery prices, transport, electricity, shopping, entertainment details please. :cry:

:thankyou2:

surekha

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

re: Moving to Australia, what cities to consider other than Melbourne or Sydney?

Hello Surekha
    Welcome to indusladies community.
    You have not included rent here, it will cost you around 1000 AUD per month, this is according to me. You can wait for other members to come and answer you and give you more details. Both these places are some what same, just here and there slight difference. Adelaide is a bit costlier then brisbane.