Swiss - is it worth to visit in December?

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by Neha pujara, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Neha pujara

Neha pujara New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am thinking to go switzerland in december first week, what you all will suggest is it worth to go in december or not really?

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Hi Neha ,

It is going to be very cold in Swiss during Dec.So it depends on your preference if you would like to spend in a warm or cold region.Having been there in winter , all I can tell you is if you can beat the cold then it is worth going coz most of the cities are very well decorated around that time.

Hope you have a lovely vacation..take care

-Sabitha

3. Marya

Marya New IL'ite

Hi Sabitha,

I am also visiting Switzerland in decemebr, some of my relatives are living there..i am very fond of sno fall thats why planned a trip decemebr..i hope i will enjoy as i dreamed about it..what you say?

4. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Marya ,

You are definitely going to enjoy ur trip to Swiss.Have a fabulous vacation and don't forget to post few pics once you come back.Take care

-Sabitha

5. esmi2011

esmi2011 New IL'ite

Hi Sabitha,
    I am Dhanya from UK and me and my husband are visiting Swiss, Zurich in December 2008. One of my husbands cousin is there. I wanted to know what are the places we can see around. I heard that most will be closed in winter. What about Interlaken, will it be open? Also any tips on what important things to carry.

Waiting for your reply.

Dhanya.

6. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Hello Dhanya,

Wow a trip to Swiss is going to be unforgettable.Be ready to beat the snowy winter with loads of warm clothes and boots are a must.

Most of the shops will be closed only on the 25th.So enjoy your shopping there amidst watches, chocs and lovely woolies.We stayed in Engelberg , very close to Mt.Titlis during Christmas and had fabulous time there.Interlaken I am not sure if it will be open on Chirstmas day but as I said all the shops and tourist places are open on other days during the winter.They are not closed for the whole month of december.

Wish you a safe and happy journey and don't forget to post some pics when you are back ..:thumbsup

7. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Hey don't forget to post the pictures once you make your trip :thumbsup

8. esmi2011

esmi2011 New IL'ite

Hi Sabitha,

Thanks for that, it was a great piece of information.
    Surely will take your advices.

Thanks once again.

Dhanya.