1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sweety's Diary : A B'lore (Wipro) techie's wife ended her life...Wanna know Why?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by vebha, Jun 14, 2011.

1. divyasocute

divyasocute New IL'ite

my eyes filled with tears after reading her diary..This guy played with her feelings.. He is cruel...He should be punished..
    I pray to God that it should not happen again in any of the girls life...

-Divs

2. DiwyaSiri

DiwyaSiri Bronze IL'ite

Its very sad news...... The decision taken by sweety is not correct but happend..
    Now its our responsibility to pray for her family... I dont know how there are managing the life......

I am requesting the girls who are in such troubles not to take these type of decisions......
    You may think that you are alone....... but you are not alone..........
    Think ...... think......... think.......... u may find a person who listens ur problems and they may help u
    They may be ur frnd, cousin, family member..............any one
    Don't make a mistake of not to share anything to anyone.......

You may think that GOD will help us..... but HOW????
    GOD directly wont come and do favour..... I believe that GOD comes to us as a known person..... but does greate things...
    God defenatly punishes that guy........
    May her soul rest in peace...

3. Sharthi

Sharthi Platinum IL'ite

Very very sad news...i couldnt stop crying for hours after reading this..That cruel guy and his family should be punished for sure.

May her soul rest in peace.

Regards,
    Sharthi

4. Umlaut

Umlaut Silver IL'ite

In the entire diary, I noticed that Asti does not bear any malice towards anyone. Even the ones that drove her to kill herself. The earth lost a beautiful soul.

I too believe very strongly that God sends us signals/omens/indication, call it whatever you want, to protect us from harm. Only we must be open minded enough to receive and filter out those small signals over and above the constant chatter and noise in our brain!

5. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Umlaut, your observation is so true, that went on in my mind as I kept reading page after page...

6. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I wholeheartedly agree!!!!

7. TiyaDaddy

TiyaDaddy New IL'ite

No offense svetas124 but I would like to know how old are you?
    I mean seriously, the way you are talking about "husbands" in general makes me feel like you are either a teenager with some predefined notions or else you are someone with a burnt marriage...
    In either case, I have to tell you that not all husbands are bad (let alone being a jerk like Sikander).
    I agree in this case that guy Sikander is a big time jerk and no single person in this world will support him...!!! We all want him to pay so dearly that he shouldn't even dream of marrying again...!!!

Also, I am pretty sure that most of the husbands (including me) must have cried at least once after reading Asti's diary completely...!!! Yes, we all feel very sad about her, if it were possible we are ready to do anything to bring such a wonderful soul back to this world. Call me old fashioned, but last 2 days I have been thinking about Asti and her situation and every time I remember her diary, I become silent and even get tears in my eyes (especially when I remember her last day's narration).

But just because of one/few jerks in this world, it's insane to make a statement like "these selfish,unfaithfull,shameless pperson called as husbands".
    Remember, his mother who kept on asking (I call it "begging" BTW) dowry was a woman, his sister who went to her place and collected 1 lac was a woman, Ramya who not only continued the affair with a married man but even convinced him to leave his wife for her, was also a woman.

In short, there is no gender bias when it comes to being a jerk, you find bad people in both genders.

Also,
    Even though dowry wasn't the primary reason for her death, it makes me wonder why in some specific states (Bihar, AP being at the top of the list) dowry is so much officially accepted that groom's parents consider it as a "right" to ask and the the bride's parents also accept it as a duty or something...!!!
    Why can't everyone refuse the proposal when the groom's parents "beg" for the money?
    I mean a groom earning like 30,000 to 50,000 (or even more) a month and still begging money from bride's parents as if he is barely earning to feed himself? How pathetic and shameful is that? How is it different from sitting at a bus-stop or a train station and begging for change???
    Come on guys, stand up, look in the mirror and ask yourself "Am I a beggar?" before you ask for dowry...!!!
    Don't just accept it saying "that's a custom in our state/community/cast".

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

I too am overcome with sadness upon reading Asti Shankar's tragic story and her diary. Along with the sadness, I felt a feeling of disgust and disbelief. How can a young woman of 26, who is well educated and had the whole world of opportunities in front of her commit suicide for the love of a scoundrel? What a waste of precious life and all because of a useless husband and marriage which was a farce?

The only thing that is clear from this whole case of AstiShankar is that there is an immense amount of lessons for us to learn. This case makes it crystal clear that our views on girls/women, marriage and certain beliefs and customs MUST change.

Dowry or gifts from the girl's side only means trouble from the word go. When will we all stop this disgusting practice? It will only end if every girl, boy, mother, father is ready to say no to it and not just because there is a law against it. Unfortunately, I don't see it going away any time soon. Dowry is an inherent pest of Indian society.

Marriage, though sacred and respected, is not be all and end all of life. We have to change with times and we parents must do our best to build up self-worth and self-confidence in our children. In this case, it is marriage related matters which destroyed Asti's life along with her dreams. There are also cases of bullying and other socio- economic stigmas which destroy many a youngster, be it girl or boy.

Finally, there is this thing called Fate. Otherwise, how else can we explain the suicide of Asti, a well educated and a pretty girl whose parents also seem to be caring, educated, even if a bit naive?

I cannot see Asti's parents winning any case based on the evidence of her diary. That is sad. Guys like this one should be swatted and crushed like a fly. But then, who creates such selfish and spineless characters? We parents! The thinking in our Indian societies must change from the fundament.

I appreciate Vebha for posting this and that it was nominated for FP for the more of us read this heart wrenching story and learn to discern the mistakes made in there by all involved, the better for us as there are more than one lesson to be learnt from this sad case.

I pray for Asti Shankar's soul. But will there ever be peace for her parents and family who are living?

L, Kamla

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Totally True!!! everyone has the capability to see these signals. Provided we keep our mind and heart open and atleast everyday sit for few seconds in silence....this would help in making better assessment of the situation and decisions.

10. Luvpavi

Luvpavi Silver IL'ite

I read your post and was not able to sleep properly yesterday night..
    Really i feel pity for her.. I really feel sad that she dint have enough courage to come out of her problems bravely..

Nowadays ladies need to be brave and face all kinds of situations with strong heart... This remains as a lesson to other week hearted people to be strong to face the world..

But one small thing which made me worried the way you posted was, you mentioning the name of the company the guy worked.

The persons character is nowhere releated to the organization he works.. Moreover there are people like him all over the world. Just by mentioning the name of the organization, not only the organizations reputation is spoiled, but also people get a general opinion that people who work for that particular firm all like this only. It spoils other good peoples life also..

So a kind request to people who post it from now on, please dont mention the organization or firms name where they work for..