1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sweetie's Birthday Party and AyushHomam Celebration :-)) - Part 5

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swaran, Oct 23, 2010.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

PART-4

PART-5

Chennai Trip: me ,DH,DD and MIL started from bangalore 3 days before dhrithi's ayushHomam in our SWIFT...it was a 10 day trip...starting from 4th Sep Sat till 13th Sep mon...4th afternoon around 3 ,all 3 of us started dumping all the things necessary for the function...poor SWIFT,it became like a mini village bus carying both people and materials...we dint know wat to take and wat not to...had to carry dresses for all of us for 10 days and all dresses had to be grand ones as we had to travel for almost all days to relatives place and temples..this was the first long trip with Dhrithi...so we were really confused wat to take for her and since we would be travelling a lot to different places and through different climate,had to take loads of dress ,necessary medicines,food items for her.

All our neighbours came out and waved Dhrithi "Bye Bye" and also said"it would be very difficult without her for 10 days,donno how we are goin to be"...it was really then i realised how special Dhrithi was for all our neighbours...from each and every house in our small lane,all family members whoever was available at that time came out to send Dhithi.I was really moved.

Reached chennai late in the nite..we stayed at ...next day was the big purchase day in T-nagar...started at 9 in the morning ,bought dresses for BIL,sister,parents,PILs and both side parents bought Patu pavadai for Dhrithi...eve had lite snack at Adyar sangeethas,ordered DD's cake(alphabet cake as i had mentioned above) and then reached back home ...the next two days we were busy packing the gifts and arranging all necessary items for her Ayushhomam...

DHRITHI's AYUSHHOMAM-

******Date::08th September 2010 ******* Timings :: 9 - 10.30 AM ******* Venue ::Shastri Nagar Community Hall,Adyar(Chennai) ******

Woke up early in the morning..MIL asked us to reach the mandapam before 7.30 AM as 7.30-9 was Rahukalam...so had to rush..reachd the mandapam before 7.15AM..the catering people greeted us and DD...took snaps.at 8 the guy from nursery came and gave the 100plants(return gifts) tat we had ordered....then i left my DD with my sis and went and gor dressed up...DH also got ready...we both were in madisar(for me) and panchagacham(for DH),traditional look after a long time..meanwhile our sweetie pie got dressed up in orange colored sleaveless pattu pavadai(decorated with kundan and embroidery) with a small pony on her head and small jasmin flowers around that pony...OMG she was indeed looking like a traditional angel...absolutely no makeup other than a small bindi and some gold ornaments,she was looking like mini goddess..wow we could really not remove our eyes frm her this time too... took snaps again but this time she was the center of attraction...all relatives started coming and there were so many of relatives/friends who were seeing her for the first time..."oh she looks like her mom".."no no,like her daddy,no MIL "..."wow,she looks so pretty"..."naughty girl"..."hey come to me ,come to me"..."wat is she doin these days???,standing,walking,running,wat mischeif she does...will she come to everyone or is a momma girl?"..."wow were did u get this dress,wow lovely ornaments".."wat is she eating?..is she eating properly or not?"...."super...she looks like an angel"...this tat and many more....these were the sentences i and my family kept on hearing during the function...i tot letme record all these and keep playing in the fucntion throghout...so many friends and relatives whom we had also not met for many months started gathering...slowly a voice came from my mind "hey look,all these days,u were the one getting praisings and compliments abt ur look and ornaments and dressing and now all of a sudden this little lady has taken away the whole crowd of fans from u..how rude"...i started feeling jealous abt my own daughter(happens with all moms)...heheheh...but was very happy seeing her getting praised by the whole lot...

later we had to sit in the homam (ganapathi homam,navagraha homam and AyushHomam) for 2 hours...DD was playing with the smoke for sometime and then started becomin a little crancky and it was getting hot with the smoke and fire from the homam...OMG she became so restless and i had to constantly entertain her by lifting and playing with her as she dint go with anyone(oh these babies....) and was clinging on to me...slowly she started removing the garlands and jasmin frm her head and also the bindi...she was sweating and i had a tough job managing her as she became very restless...started crying...then by the time,the homan got over,all my makeup also began to fade away...this is the most horrible part...ryt ladies...hehehehe

we had sent my BIL to bring the cake frm the cake shop...he came and by that time,all of us especially me and DH changed our traditional costume to the casual ones..i was in my designer sarees with accessories(of course no time to do makeup again) and DH was in his party wear...cake arrived..it was a rectangular with my DD's name embossed...the embossing came out fine but the cake decoration was bad..seriuosly..took from the best shop but dint satify my expectations...DD's name was in red color with the below rectangular part in yellow...oh gosh,it looked like a banner wen sseen from top and no decorations other than few cherries here and there...but the guests really liked the cake shape and its taste...good for me...:-D

before cutting the cake,i discributed party hats,eye masks and hooters to all kids...to my surprise,even the elders started wearing them and were playing happily...later we cut the cake with a singing knife and all sang 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY"...and from each of sides my BIL and DH bursted the party crackers (just like we did in birthday)...FIL started distributing the cake pieces and we all went and got blessings and appreciations from everybody..all ate the cake and said the AYUSHHOMAM was really very good...then we gave away the return gifts for all kids(frinends/realtives/photographers and some workers) and the plants gifts...the plant gift was a big success,...each and every person gave us wonderful feedback.again in this party also,i was not able to organise the games as there were less number of kids around 5 kids(it was a weekday and exams had started for many of them)....after settling with the mandapam guys,all returned back home happily..all from my parents and in laws,DH appreciated me for taking care of all things in a wonderful manner... i was personally very happy and satisfied as i had handled all things single and everythin went fine...i was on CLOUD NINE...wat more can i ask

immediately after reaching home all had to pack for the kerala trip...left on the same day to kerala..went to guruvayoor (and nearby temples-1 day)and palakad to our family temple(2nd day)...took the train...came back to chennai.got ready immediately...repacked the things and immediately within 2 hrs started to Gharbharakshambigai temple and next day visited parents side family temple,Vaideeshwaran kovil,got DD's tonsured,went to kovalam beach,budhan stalam.chidabaram and returned back to bangalore the next day

OMG...it was definetely a tedious trip but definetely a memorable one...i was initially so scared thinking abt my little one ,how wil she manage,how abt her health,wat will she eat or will she eat someting as that was our first outing after her birth and that too for a whole 10 days outside bangalore and tat too continous travelling...but my Little one is an Angel..she gave absolutely no trouble at all and adjusted to everything...she is truely a big blessing from god

Last but not the least some suggestions(which i did and also i understood i should have done better) from my side ,
    * while planning for the LO's birthday,please make sure u arrange things(be it a card or decoration or watever) in a nice creative way...
    * Be sure of number of attendies(atleast near approximate number) and buy return gifts according...dont buy too much excess...
    * try to give useful and unique gifts

Thanks for reading my big blog...sorry i couldn't refrain myself from writing even the smallest part of my plan....thanks for ur patient reading..

Also please post ur feedbacks,comments or critisicims on my first attempt with blogging

2. jananb4u

jananb4u Silver IL'ite

Wow Swarna..!!! innovative, extra ordinary b'day celebrations rite frm the invitation card and the saplings..!! it was a great idea that has clicked you..!! simply superb..!!!

Regards,
    Janani

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thank u very much for ur appreciation janani

4. suganramesh

suganramesh New IL'ite

Wow..very nice arrangement and organized in a good way..My son's 1st birthday hits on feb 1st and ayushHomam on jan 23.. Really gonna be a hectic schedule..coz my BIL is going to get wed on jan 23rd and 24th..Really hectic na..I have to plan in a effective way..please give me some tips..I am planning to start my shopping from this month itself..

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi...thanks for ur compliments...
    both ur Son's Ayushhomam and ur BIL's wedding are gonnna take place on the same day is it...tat would be really hectic...on 23rd wat are the ceremonies tat are gonna get conducted for ur BIL's wedding?...if u can tell me the plan,maybe i can help u with some tips :)