1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sweeter life through compromise !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jayashree, your visit here is a pleasant surprise!!
    I personally feel, when we compromise, we must do it for our own pleasure - it is an additional bonus if the other party understands it. I think, in a marriage, it is an unwritten law that one compromises on one issue or other with one's spouse . Only then we stand to gain!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

This post of yours has a lot of bitter truth in it, which people wont like to accept. For instance your theory of hurting people , "
    we might have done it unknowingly many times, but we can’t deny that at least on a few occasions, we have done it knowingly." is absolutely hitting the nail on the head.

The concept of getting hurt and hurting others continues in all stages of life. When we enter into our teens we are sensitive and get hurt easily as a result we try and hurt them back , thinking "they deserve it". When we grow older, we start accepting people with all their faults since we start realising that we have a lot of faults within us too. So the intensity of hurting and getting hurt gets reduced to a large extent , or at least we mould ourselves to 'adjust' to the situtation priortising other important things in life.

Compromise is actually a beautiful thing, and however much difficult it is to practise, the result of such compromise yields fantastic results.

Thanks for the nice post,

Purni

3. Chitvish

Thanks, Purni, for understanding my bitter truth!
    We always hurt people, not always unknowingly and gleefully think, they got what they deserved ! It is with a trace of sadism, undoubtedly, sadly as well.
    It is not easy to compromise, not at all on all issues. But if we feel, we stand to gain, however difficult, it is worth all the trouble!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Chitra Mam, its a wonderful piece. Neatly elicited the concept of Compromise and I loved reading every line of it. This is a very thought provoking blog and it is neatly concluded with a relevant quote. I loved it and have nominated it for the Blog contests :)

5. Chitvish

Thankyou, Amywos! All that I write here in blogs is learnt purely from personal experience! At every stage of my life, before & after marriage, I have made a lot of compromises, but have never regretted the same. Only I can decide about whether it is worth compromising, in my life - this used to be my thought-process!
    Thanks for nominating, my young friend!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Chithumma, My Dear Adharsha Mangai,

One good C talking about another is so apt :)...

Compromise...a very rich term and a handy solution to most of our problems.

By doing that we live and let others live.

No single person is perfect in all the aspects. Once we move into the realm of realtionships we get to know that people are far from perfect and compromising makes the relationships perfect.

Love,
    Your Picturesque.

7. Chitvish

Dear Ms Picturesque, though a rich term and a handy solution to most of our problems, it is far from easy, to compromise as well! We tend to ask ourselves, "is it necessary at all"?
    As I wrote in my previous reply, only I can decide, if I must! If I stand to gain, financially, emotionally etc then it is worth it!
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithraji,

Your blogs are a cure for Mondaytities.

A small compromise gets dividends in the long run. When I was newly married, I had to adjust to a new city, language etc.
    I was so frustrated at times, I would just call up Dad & ask if I could come back. His answer,"No, give it some time." I am so glad I did.

Yes, there are situations in life when we have to do things we rather would not talk about. But in a hindsight, it all turns out well.

Everyday is a compromise. Be it friends, relations, colleagues, travel-mates, internet family anyone, compromise rules.

All fingers are not the same on our hands. So are people in our lives, compromise clebrates the diversity each one of us has.

It is an acknowledgement of "Unity in diversity" in our lives.

But a word of warning. Don't compromise so much that you end up a doormat. Stand up for your rights where necessary not at the cost of becoming a resident of an ivory tower.

Don't bend backwards to curry favour from all. You may have one-two friends. BUt be sure they stick with you through the ups & downs of life.

What is the use of having a big group of friends who are but there for you when
    everything is good for you? Or only when it suits them?

Conmpromise on quality, you get rotton eggs/spoilt wine.

Regards,

Corallux

9. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear chitvish,
    I awlays enjoyed your posting. I agree with you,that there are lot of good things in life even in adversity. Our preception must change. I used to say marriage is an university where you learn and continue learning. It teaches us to live with others of different belief and way of living, compromise with all, some how the word"I" is gone. I used to compare it to Bakthi to God. In Bakhti there is no " I" it is just HIM and marriage is Bakhti in physical level. After some years of adjustment (brahmin married to a non brahmin) I consider the comprimise i have made is lessons i have learnt and the service i do (cooking, cleaning & taking care of all needs) is my service to God .The "I" is gone and more pleasure is derived in serving the family.
    With compromise you win the hearts of every one and the world is so beautiful ,because lens thro which we perceive has changed
    Please post such messages slowly every one can evolve
    Jaya

10. Chitvish

Dear Lux, this is the first time I am hearing of Mondaytities!!
    Yes, when we get married, the major comppromising situation in life arises.First compromise is that, the person who wooed you with roses, will now take you for granted! This is just the first of many. But we must also remember that the other part must be finding it equally "not so easy" to live with us under the same roof! We should develop, choicelessly, what compromises every one makes for our sake!!
    Yes, compromising qualitatively is a must for self-improvement in every sphere.
    Love,
    Chithra.