1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sweet smile

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Apr 29, 2014.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vani Vyas,
    Thank you.
    jayasala 42

2. jayasala42

Dear Manju,
    It is very strange that murukkus from Grand Sweets can be bitten by mere gums, while chappathis make it a tough going.
    With dentures you cannot laugh or weep aloud.Any strong emotion can be toothless only.
    My dentist was a young guy , 27. More than his treatment, he was very good in his
    captivating talks in the same community slang.He was able to identify me with lalitha sahasranamam and the next person with verses from Quran.
    A managerial tactics in medical profession too!

jayasala 42

3. jayasala42

Dear Viswa,
    I just want to view the case in their angle.The dear darlings are destined to be captives throught their lives and sacrifice their freedom for the 'sweet smile' of ther master/mistress.It is a freedom in prison.

Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ma'am,

That was really cute despite the pain you must have gone through. Really appreciate the sense of humour with which you have written about something which many otherwise would find annoying. Did you not try to get a permanent set fixed? That would save you this problem.

Thyagarajan and jayasala42 like this.
  5. jayasala42

Dear Satchidananda,
    I sought doctor's advice.As there is some problem in the jaw bone, as revealed from X rays,permanent denture is not advisable in my case.For the past 12 years I have got accustomed to this way. I don't want to invite further problems.
    That which can't be cured should be endured.
    Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jayasala...

Still grinning from ear to ear! Yes, you do have the wit to dress up your pain in pretty smiles and present it!

Didn't know so much went on in your red cavity! Those little naughty ones better behave! Can't imagine Jayasala reaching for a cup of that tasty kheer only to see the kheer splashing all over because one tried to jump into it instead of enjoying it!!

Didn't know so much was involved to manage a sweet smile at an age when one just wants to sit back and enjoy that vennai (butter) murukku! Simply unfair!

If it is any consolation, the twins have won you a nomination to this month's FP! They need to thank Sinant for this distinction!! :)

L, Kamla

Thyagarajan and jayasala42 like this.
  7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,

You have a great sense of humor, few cam do what u do.that is what makes reading u a great joy. The dentures, yes it takes time to get used to them. i have had a permenant implant done recently rather than go for the denture, which was inconvienent. Well even my teeth myust be saying the same to me , Jaya.HAHA

Good blog.

Regards

kamal

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. jayasala42

Dear Kamala,
    Thank you for the post. I am thankful to my two little darlings , attributory factor for the Sweet Smile.
    Jayasala 42

9. jayasala42

Dear Kamalji,
    Due to some structural problem, doctors advised me not to go in for a permanent one.
    So I have the opportunity to take out my cute little ones in my hand, give them a soft touch with soapy solutions, give them a nice shower, refresh them. As they are enjoying my cosy touch, I just imprison them. How sad!. They have to wait for16 hrs more to get released and get into their favourite swimming pool.

Jayasala 42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear jaya,
    I totally enjoyed the post and your sense of humour. sweet smile or toothless smile, you have a great ability...to make others smile and that is the BEST:thumbsup

Thyagarajan likes this.