1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sweet sixteen

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 25, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Some people always look young even after they grow old by age and some at young age only look old. It all depends on how their life is and how their surroundings and friends and on what keeps them happy. I feel if you are always happy and have a smile on your face even when there are troubles in your life you look always young.
    My elder brother in law’s daughter always looks young. I always tell her you are sweet sixteen. Now she is 47 years old but still she looks like a young girl only because she has a sweet face always smiling. But poor thing she lost her husband two, three years back. She has two sons, one working and another son studying and working. She has studied only upto 8<SUP>th</SUP> standard , so goes forcooking work. She is very good in cooking. Looks smart and dresses up well. Feel sad that she is not able to take part in the functions. She is vey fond of bangles etc. Yesterday we had a seemantham in our family and she was feeling bad that she was not given bangles. She thinks me as her mother. Before her marriage she came and stayed with me for a year and used to look after my children well. Now also my children like her very much. After marriage she used to come with her children when they were kids. Her son used to like my Rasam very much.
    I wsih her all the best in life and give her good health and courage.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,
    you are lucky to be attending so many functions.:) a seemantham too? so many feasts:thumbsup
    i feel sad for your niece but still she is independent.Hope she still is smiling though.

3. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi viji maa
    very truly said. being happy or sad its not the matter but carrying a smile even we are sad truly matters. hmm my prayers are with your neice.

4. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Viji Ma
    After reading the tittle ran fast and read your snippet just in a gulp...Thought you are talking about me.Heeeeeee
    Yes Ma you are right all the index of the face reflects from our core only.
    Smiling!!!!!
    I think that's the secret of success.Wins every soul without loss.
    If you are young at heart sure to overcome any tragedy in life.My concerns to that sweet 16 mom.Sure she will get the FRUITS of her efforts.
    God bless her with all comforts esp the SMILE.

5. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Very correctly said, Vijimma,

All is in our mind. We look young and healthy if we are happy and young in our mind.

My prayers for her for a good and healthy life.

Regards

6. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Vjii ma,

Very nicely written. Even though she lost her husband, she has earned all good people / relations. I think that is because of her attituge, smiling face and everything. Kudos to her.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi

Thanks for the first fb. Ya now in retired life my life keeps me happy because of these functions so that I am able to meet many people.
    Ya my niece always smiles though she has so many problems.

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pavithra

Thanks for your prayers

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saroj

You are also sweet sixteen encouraging everyone always and having a smiling face. Thanks for your prayers for my niece.

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kalyani

Thanks for your prayers

love
    viji