suzuki violin teacher

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by mom_of_2boys, May 27, 2010.

1. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

Dear all,

I searched the forums a bit but couldnt find any relevant info. Do any of you know good places where they teach Western classical violin in the suzuki (or other) method in Chennai ?

thanks
    shyamala.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Shyamals,

Check out musee musicals. they do have classes for all instruments, infact they are the centre for the trinity exams (location, next to cosmopolitan club, and the ambiance is so appealing.). and also do tell me which area. if possible will give you details. but if it is just for the vacation, most of the private masters fleece you out if you are a nri.:rant:rantI will enquire dd's keyboard master also in the meanwhile.

3. mom_of_2boys

thanks for the response shanthi.. dont laugh on what i am about to say.. my DH and I restarted the r2i topic at home and my first concern was for the violin lessons for my kid.. he has been learning the last 1 yr and seems to be really doing well (already on the 3rd book) .. though our target is for 2012 jun, I thought I should just find this out and retain my sanity. he is learning western classical and I do have ideas of continuing it in chennai along with carnatic. i am thinking about the adyar, mandaveli, thiruvanmiyur areas.
    regards
    shyamala.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

shyamala

if you can drop him at musee, it is the best atmosphere for a musically inclined person. since i am not allowed to drive and i live in the suburbs, it does not happen for me.

Don't worry much on that, i am sure you will eventually find a person to teach. Dd's keyboard master has been with us for the past 3 years, and DD cleared 2 grades of trnity and gearing for the next two.

It is all about accessibility, opportunity and moolah these days.:rant (than the kids' interest..in many cases.)

All the best for your R2i.. don't you have a residence in adora?. maybe you could look at teachers in thiruvamiyur for the weekends.

5. mom_of_2boys

thanks for the wishes.. i looked up about musee yesterday and like you said, it does seem like a good environment. it seems accessible my mrts. though we have a flat in adora, unless we have great schools nearby (less than 10 min commute) i dont know if it is a good option (also dont know where DH will find job yet) .. with all the unknowns :spin it does seem weird that i wanted to find out about this first. but it is good to know that it is atleast there.

6. ret2india

ret2india New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am new to this forum. We are planning to r2i in May2012. Looking around for suzuki teachers in chennai for my son. He is in youth symphony and private classes and orchestra at school and i was stressed out about his musical talent not being satisfied in chennai. Thanks for the info about musee musical. I hope it will be good for my son. I also looked at the music school by AR Rahman KM conservatory - KM Music Conservatory
    Not sure how it will match my son. Will check out once I go there.
    Also heard that there is one school in Adayar run by James Vasanthan - need to get info on that after r2i. If you know of any other schools please let me know.

Thanks,

Jayashree

7. dhaksh123

dhaksh123 New IL'ite

Hi Jayashree,

I am new to this form.I r2I a month back and looking for a western classical Piano teacher for my 9 yr old son to resume ...I see that you mentioned abt James Vasanthan school.Is it good?..Did you find any good ones around?..I am looking for a school with better exposure ..meaning recitals and performances which would boost the kids confidence and interest..

Checked on KM Music..wud be lovely but am too far to go thrice a week to Kodambakkam.I live in Siruseri..

Pls share your exp on finding..Let me know any good places you came across.

Thanks,
    Dhaksh