1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Susu Or Urine Training For 1 Year Old

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by shwetapj, Aug 28, 2017.

1. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

my daughter will turn a year old next month. How do I susu train her and how long does that take?

Please suggest

2. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

I started susu training for my son when he was 16 month old (in april,2017. my son is 21 month old now). This is what I did:

As soon as he wakes up in the morning, i would remove his shorts and make him stand near the tap in the bathtub. I would open the tap and let the running water fall at his feet and tell him 'susu' and he would pee. I used to do this once every 1.5 - 2 hrs through out the day . Or if he takes a nap,as soon as he wakes up. Now a days he has started to say susu and has started to take me by hand to the bathroom door when he wants to pee( he doesnt do this all the time though). I have also stopped using diapers at night. He sleeps thru the night without accidents. Most of the days I get up around 4 am to takehim to the bathroom for susu. lately I have tried letting him sleep thru out the night wiht out the 4 am bathroom visit (may be 3 times so far) and luckily no accidents till now.

All the best

sindmani likes this.
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

No suggestions , but I heard the word SuSu after a long time and thought it's use was adorable ! Aiyyya Karoo main Kya susu susu :)

Deborah, shwetapj and Naari like this.
  4. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

I trained my daughter from 5th month as soon as she started sitting.. first i made her comfortable in the potty seat. and taught her to say susu. Gradually made her sit whenever i felt she may pee. Before bed , after waking up etc...
    I felt Boys n girls have diffrnt training.... my son used to pee on lifting him to washbasin and pouring some water. But tht didnt work for my daughter.. she likes directly in potty seat.

5. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I think for girls, it easier to train and they learn faster. But there is no hard timings on hows and whens. It might take 2-3 weeks but can not say for sure.
    Just start taking her to pee in the potty seat after every 30 - 45 mins. Also days its cold or after milk/juice consumption, be sure to take frequently. Also gradually start asking her if she needs to go. That way she will start telling.
    I had started with that kids plastic potty seat ( from walmart) but soon I had moved to regular toilet putting kids cover on (ring to narrow bowl opening for kids small butt). So you can directly start with that.

Take her frequently
    Take her those regular times like waking up, before bed, after milk. Even if you put diapers on normal times or outside.
    Switch to pull up diapers ( for training).

6. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Such good suggestions here. I need to train my 16 month old too . The other day I tried to directly prop her on the regular toilet seat but she started crying. I think I will get the smaller toilet ring.I also need her to tell me when she poops because she doesn't at all seem bothered by it and ends up getting a butt rash if not cleaned immediately ( not possible always) . I have teaching her to say poo - poo when she goes but it's not working yet. She thinks it is a funny word. Lol.