1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sushant Singh Rajput..no More:(

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anika987, Jun 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

So true! saddened that people are promoting their own agenda!

nakshatra1 and MalStrom like this.
  2. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

As hinted by many, it's better to close this thread to give privacy to the dead, whose depression and suicide is just a media speculation. .

anika987 likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:As reported & appeared Internet:
    Anupam Kher @ New Delhi:

After Sushant Singh Rajput's death on Sunday, his MS Dhoni: The Untold Story co-star Anupam Kher shared an IGTV video on Wednesday, where he urged "all the young dreamers" in the film industry to not lose hope.

Anupam Kher said that Sushant's death and the speculations relating to it on social media can make them feel negative about the film industry, but - "ye industry bohot acchi logon se bhari padi hai" Anupam Kher addressed the young people who come from small towns to Mumbai every year to chase their dreams, to not get heartbroken by the news.

He said that they may feel apprehensive about the film industry but they should keep pursuing their dreams. Anupam Kher added that the loneliness during lockdown can affect them, but they should speak to their friends and their families.

He also took a trip down memory lane and spoke about the time 39 years ago, when he landed in Mumbai. He said that he faced comments like "ganja hai, khekre jaisa patla hai, Hindi medium school ka hai," but he didn't give up. He said, "Doston, haarna nahi hai, aapne sapno ko beech mai chodd na nahi hai, ghabrana nahi hai."

Anupam Kher spoke of the time when he slept on railway platforms. He also said, that he firmly believed in the advice that his grandfather gave him - "bheega hua aadmi, baarish se nahi darta."

He also said that Mumbai is one of the most considerate cities in the world - it has fulfilled a lot of dreams. Speaking of the film industry he said, "yahin ke log aapko aapka haath pakadkar aapko safalta ke sikhar taak leke jayega."

The 65-year-old actor asked the newcomers to keep pursuing their dreams, as it would be the biggest tribute to Sushant Singh Rajput. "Isse bada tribute hum usse kya de sakte hai ki outsider baan kar hum haare nahi," said Anupam Kher in the video.

He ended the video with the poem Koushish Karne Walon Ki Haar Nahi Hotiattributed to Hindi poet Sohan Lal Dwivedi.

Anupam Kher shared the video on his Instagram profile and captioned it: "A message for all the young dreamers who come to the city of Mumbai to make it big." He also added the hashtags #dontgiveup, #workhard and #alldreamscometrue to his post.

This note is for the larger good. Karan Johar too his recalled his last meet with departed actor.

Thread should Be Rip.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    anika987 likes this.
  4. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

I felt sad. I suspect its the combination of him wanting to feel wanted and bollywood's slow poison bullying overtime...

However, I dont feel comfortable discussing negative issues of his life after his life. Its useless now. People have been into this analysing deaths, it just feels like a person's death is just a bone to chew on until you get another.
    The cause of death cant be more of an issue than the death itself.
    Its distepect to the life he lead.

May his soul find peace and might pass on to another life, for the next journey...it has closed this chapter and so should we.

anika987 and joylokhi like this.
  5. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Media channels are discussing causes of his death on and on day after day just to get TRP and make money,
    it brings traffic to the Bollywood Websites/Bollywood Forums also so they are on full swing .
    It is not right to make money over someone's personal problems.
    Everyone deserves privacy but media has gone too far, just for some profits . There are no ethics left.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Roar, sarvantaryamini and anika987 like this.
  6. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Even people are behaving weird, they are quoting him as depressed and sad in interviews where he doesn't look sad. And they are speculating his educational credentials, how he was a genius, etc etc. I actually remembered sadhguru's interview where one actor asked a question "why people show so much sympathy and love when a person dies? Why can't they do the same when he was alive?" Sadhguru gave an answer "They have nothing to lose by caring for a dead person. A dead person can't do much harm to them". This SSR incident pretty much is like that.

7. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

A 'reason' to live is all that's needed.
    An ear to hear and a heart willing to understand is all that's needed.
    Maybe he didn't get either

anika987 likes this.
  8. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

I always admired your straight forward responses, there are very few posters here who do that.
    I get what you wanted to say (and why)but the way you put it this time ,came out as patronising.

anika987 likes this.
  9. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I was depressed in my life but my own family including a doctor asked the same question. Why are you depressed ? You have a husband , job and kids why ? This questions makes me so angry . It is not helpful when you ask someone why are you depressed ? Depression is something which lives inside you which makes you feel like **** which makes you not excited for anything in your life . You forget how to be happy . Especially the wordings of the post demanding the answer like we are obligated to get answer why SSR committed suicide made me angry . Considering op herself has undergone several bouts of depression and was seeking therapist help I couldn’t understand why would she ask such question . I apologize if I hurt anyone’s feelings . But at the same the wordings of original post and follow up post were wrong at so many levels especially from someone who had underwent depression . This is touchy subject for me where people think it is all in our head . I wish it was but no it isn’t . It is battle I fight every day with myself .

MalStrom, SunPa, Mehana and 3 others like this.
  10. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

That's exactly the problem. What bothers you isn't a bother for others. I have seen that in the process of trying to get my heartache out, I only earned people's jealousy and hatred towards me. "Oh you are crying? You are sitting in a nice comfy chair and crying while I cry with no chair at all. I wish you did not even have that chair, the you would know the pain of not having a chair." I don't understand the logic behind that statement. Basically it is very hard to find people who can empathize especially when one is better off socially. Everyone has their own issues to deal with. I feel depressed a lot of times. Earlier I used to talk it out, now I avoid as much as I can, because it is making things worse instead of making them better. The only thing one can do is to shut off bad thoughts and people who put you down.

pumpkin01 and anika987 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.