1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Surya's forthcoming movie?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Madrasmami, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Madrasmami

Madrasmami New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Surya has matured from a choclate boy image to a good and talented actor. Previously he used to do all the movies which has stereo typed roles of a lover boy running behind the actress.

But now with movies such as Nanda, Pithamagan, director Bala has moulded him into a versatile actor.

Eager to know what is his forthcoming movie. There does not seem to be any release after Mayavi.

Any info?

2. Malini Iyer

Malini Iyer Senior IL'ite

Surya as Gajini

Hello mami,
    Yes I also do like Surya in his recent movies. He is also trying out new makeup styles for his movies. Did u see the movie Peralagan in which he plays a hunchback character. Really takes a lot of effort in fitting perfect to the character.

His recent movie is Gajini and is likely to be released any time in August. He is paired with Asin in the movie. He plays two roles- one is that of a wealthy millionaire with a very hep look and trendy clothes - other is that of a rough and tough guy.
    Asin gets to play the role of a modelling girl.
    bye.

3. sheeba

sheeba Junior IL'ite

Same outlook as Kamal!

Hi,

In the recent kunguman magazine ad in Sun TV, I saw Surya having the same outlook as Kamal in the movie 'aalavandhaan'.

Is that one of his role in this upcoming movie 'Gajini'?

4. jenifer

jenifer New IL'ite

Hi

Surya is pretty populr here in Singapore too. He has a large fan following in this part of the world too. I do get to see some of his movies and sure enjoys it very much.

I believe Surya has tonsured his head for the first time for a role in the movie Gajini. I read that the movie is a psychological thriller with spine chilling sequences.

5. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Film fare award - Best actor - for Surya

Ladies,

Did you all watch the film fare awards show in Sun TV last Sunday?

I was happy for Surya, who was celebrating his birthday that day got the best actor award for his performance in 'Perazhagan'.

I always thought his performance was great in 'Kaaka Kaaka', but was surprised that he won an award for 'Perazhagan'.

6. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

Has Gajini got released?

Hey Ladies,

Has Gajini got released in India? I remember reading somewhere that it is to be released on Sep 23rd? What is the news?

7. sheeba

sheeba Junior IL'ite

Ghajini is released in the US too!

Hi Rathi,

Ghajini is released in the US theatres too. I have a friend in MI and she told that she is going for the movie shown in one of their local theatres this Friday (Sep 30th).

Checkout this official website for the movie - www.ghajini.com

Surya looks charming, ferocious and what not?!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2005
  8. malar

malar Bronze IL'ite

Gajini is a remake of an English thriller!

Hi friends,

I recently got to see this movie - Gajini. Surya's done very well. Asin too looks pretty. I heard this movie is a remake of an English thriller. Not sure what the movie was?!

Songs are really good in Gajini.

I keep murmuring...Sutum Vizhi Sudarey!