1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Survivor - Zee Tamil

Discussion in 'TV' started by meepre, Sep 14, 2021.

1. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

Three main thoughts:

1. Every day I watch the show, I realize how horrible a job Arjun is doing. Such an opportunity to set an amazing example for youngsters.

One, he is selectively questioning people in a ridiculous manner. Since alliance is causing so much imbalances, why is he questioning Amzad whom he talked about and what. Why not ask the same thing to Viji and Vikrant and Uma.

Two, the contestants cooked and sent you food and you eat one grain and thats all you have to say about it?

2. The more I see Aishwarya, the more I feel that she is such a role model for both men and women. She is such a fighter and has gone through a lot. But she always thinks clearly and pushes boundaries, stands up for justice both for herself and for others.

In retrospect, I think she has probably judged each person correctly in this show starting from Inigo, Saran, Nanda, Uma, Vikrant etc.

Her conversations with Saran were such a revelation ( Saran though does mistakes occasionally, he seems so mature in his thinking) . I feel Aishu is going to make a positive difference to lot of people when she is back to her life.

When I see Aishu, I feel hope for the next generation.

3. On Nanda, during the immunity challenge when Vikrant was discussing with Uma and Inigo that he is going to quit but he wants them to continue ( to get Nanda eliminated ), I was reminded of the song "Ee Baasha paaru, baasha paaru" when people will hit Rajini and Rajini smiles and stands when lot of goons come and beat him

Here the goon includes Arjun.

I wished that Nanda should go out today. I really don't see the point of him staying as the game is a big joke now. If immunity challenge doesn't count, reward task and captaincy doesn't count, why have all of those. Just have fun and Arjun/Vikrant can give the check list so one after another is eliminated in that order.

I don't agree that manipulating and winning is fair to the audience. In life one can manipulate and succeed or be honest and straight forward and succeed. I will not endorse manipulation ever. For those who say, this is just a game and they are manipulating, my thought is, after all in a game you can't be straight forward, how straight forward will you be in real life.

Another song came to my mind: Vaazndhavar kodi, maraindhavar kodi, makkalin manadhil nirpavar yaar.

One other reason I wished Nanda to go out was to see the public uproar. I have been reading comments where slowly from 50-50 for Kadargal and Vedargal, now there is hardly any support for Kadargal. I am inspired that the public want to support fairness. They don't want to see a gang of people include weaklings for their own benefit and throw away strong players out of the game. This is not fair in life and it's not fair in the game.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    meepre, madhat and stayblessed like this.
  2. balakrish

I don't think this is the right way to approach the thought process. I dont think it is okay to say that if Duryodanan was in Arjunan's place he wouldn't have done any harm and vice versa. We have to judge people based on what they did and not what might have done if they were someone else.

If you are saying, power corrupts, then, its all about choices. Gandhi had power and so did Hitler. but both made very different choices.

Nanda never used his clout to influence any one. He played sincerely throughout and those who bought in to the sincere choices, also followed him. This is very different than how Vikrant and Uma play by saying who in the team should vote for which person.

Yellow team have corrupted the game and robbed its joy ( mainly Arjun, Vikrant, Uma, Inigo and Viji while Kash and Vanessa have helped ). Aishu, Nanda, Narayanan, Ravi have not done that. We can go by how they have acted so far and not what they might do.

Amzad has realized his mistake and is talking clearly after rejoining. This is rubbing Vikrant and Uma the wrong way. Arjun has taken advantage of that and asked him questions he will dare not ask Vikrant, Uma, Viji etc. Amzad will go out next it looks like. And Kash will walk out this week I believe.

That will leave Narayanan along with the Kadargal group.

Inigo keeps saying that he played for Vedargal, but he supports his brother. He was not true to Vedargal at the end of the day. He leaked out too much information and tilted the game in Kadargal's favor. He got played by LP for the immunity idol but his love for Kadargal made him not invest himself properly in his own team. He might as well have wished to join Kadargal.

Also Saran mentioned that Vikrant said off camera that the girls ( Van and Kash ) are for the numbers, Vikrant, Uma, Viji and Saran should move to the top. It seems to match what Inigo said during the immunity task that Inigo Vikrant and Uma have a pact that the three of them have planed to proceed and win. Looks like Vikrant had made the same arrangement with Inigo off camera. Eliminate all strong players from Vedargal and then eliminate the girls, maybe share the prize no matter who wins from the 3. Is this fair game? Do the audience really need to invest themselves in a game to see who is the best at manipulating?

meepre, madhat and stayblessed like this.
  3. balakrish

I found 34 series of Survivor on Hulu. It looks like the American survivor is not a daily show but a weekly one. This is a big departure from what we are seeing in tamil where the reality is much more real. We see more of contestants talking and sharing a lot about themselves.

madhat likes this.
  4. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

@balakrish +1 to all you said. I dont have the vocabulary nor the ability to put things across sequentially like you did. But I agree to all you said. True words.

I somehow feel arjun also has a share in the money and he has put a pact with these people. It's because of arjun and inigo that the game changed. Vikrant and uma though they plot, without arjun and inigos help nothing would have happened.

As a host what should have been his questions? He should have asked the team why did you all make uma play despite his sickness? He should have asked vik why did he say what he said while he quit the weight task? He should have asked viji and uma about what they talked about game format and why is that they couldn't take it when saran did the same? Amjad viji ku kudutha reply la enna thappu. The way he questions people in a biased way, paavam seriya aadravangalum confuse aayidaranga and these wrong ones feel powerful. Che romba romba mosam.

Nejama solren if I am given the opportunity I will definitely question arjun. Oru host ozhunga irundha game dirty ya yaaru aadinalum, he can direct it to the correct way specially for the format of survivor show. Host kaila dhan ellame. So more than vik, uma and viji, arjun should take the ownership of all that had happened.

While I started watching this program, I thought I shouldn't emotionally invest in these reality shows and just see it as a game. But I couldn't control my tears when aishu and nandha were sent to the third world. Glad that unlike big boss my thoughts concur this time with the majority.

Kani kum viji kum day and night difference pa.

5. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Totally ! I was just enjoying the new innovative obstacle challenges set up for this game . But now the way they are getting eliminated seems absurd.
    I assumed if voting is left to public ppl may cheat and pay-to-vote bibery. Now even this type of elimination does not work.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    stayblessed and balakrish like this.
  6. balakrish

@stayblessed I don't see anything lacking in your vocabulary or how you convey the message vs how I or others are doing it. So, please continue to write and share you thoughts without any second thoughts.

Ditto on everything you said. Like you said, I too did not want to get into the emotional involvement and that's why I did not watch bigg boss. Initially it seemed that Survivor won't do the same, but as you have mentioned, it didn't turn out that way.

Today's episode was really memorable and affirmed a lot of things about Nanda.

Also, agree on your comparison between Viji and Kani!

stayblessed likes this.
  7. balakrish

Nanda didn't mention anything about leaving out Vikrant when talking to Saran and Aishu. So, not sure about what happened there.

But one thing I noticed today was when Arjun talked to Nanda after the tribal council, Nanda didn't fall into any of Arjun's traps. Also, when the interview was over, Nanda didn't walk to Arjun but just walked away. I thought Nanda made a statement there.

Also, yesterday while Nanda was getting eliminated, the body language of Nanda and Arjun was telling. Nanda's hand tied behind his back ( full or confidence and no guilt ) and Arjun's hands in front( in an apologetic fashion ).

Nanda's answers were very sharp and crisp, no haste, not trying to please anyone with fake sentences. Truly saw an emotionally strong person, with a clear mind.

Ranchu, stayblessed and meepre like this.
  8. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

True. Nanda chance e illa. If he comes to BB I will break my resolve and watch it just for him and vote. One must learn how to play a game with honesty nd dignity from him:number_one:. Nandha can't be cast as hero in movies anymore. So this win would have meant more for him and he is very deserving but what to do. Arjun should be ashamed of himself.

Aana naama dhan anathittu irukknum. These people don't have even an iota of manasatchi. They are here to take the money by hook or crook. They don't care for public criticism nor honesty. This game is not judging sportsmanship anymore but only slyness.
    Vikranth is quoting amjad and LP about how they said they would have been eliminated if they had been in vedargal retaliate panraaraamaam. Funny guy goes to prove how they played the game and these guys are playing. Vanessa chi flirt panniye ottiduchu.
    Ravi and aishu are dheergdharisis, evlo azhaga inigo pathi sonnanga. Ravi nalla manushan. He handled his failure with grace:clap2: and aishu is a chella kutty. :kissingheart:

These viji, vik, uma, inigo would definitely be reading the hate comments on them but they wouldn't care less. Avlo dhan ivangallam. But I don't support the public going to extreme levels. Solla varradha decent a sollalaam. That's really not nice too.

balakrish and meepre like this.
  9. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Today's captain task should have been a quiet one . i did not like others commenting and helping vik.
    Even in that game van wanted these 3 to win and not let narayan to try.

balakrish and meepre like this.
  10. balakrish

Umapathy does so much damage to himself for weeks.

But Thambi Ramaiah takes 2 minutes to erase everything that one can forgive Umapathy just for being Thambi Ramaiah's son.

Underneath all his attitude, there is a certain sincerity in Uma ( due to his father, I think ). But Uma has to lose his negatives first for the positivity to come out. A son to a father like this, should not get wasted.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021