1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Survival Of Married Life: Age Or Experience

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by gokusha, May 23, 2007.

1. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

This topic was running from long time in my mind..so thought let me post it and get all your opinion on this topic.

Let me explain my topic by setting a example.

A lady who is 23 yrs old, married 5yrs back can handle the situation better inside the family or a lady who is 28yrs old, married just 6months back can handle the situation better?

Which helps for tackling a tough situation age or experience?

Regrads,
    USHA.

2. padma11

padma11 New IL'ite

Hai Usha,
    This is a good topic to share their marriage life experiences.

I think experience works in tough situation,because you will the know persons and their personalities day by day .

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Padma,

Thanks for your quick response. Even i felt as yours, but still one point which restricted me to agree100% that is maturity...

Lets wait and see others reply too...I appreciated all your respose, please senior IL shares your points too...

4. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi usha
    i too agree with padma coz experience teaches you everything in 5 years i think the gal must have understood the family quite well than the one who is 28 n recently married.also i feel that when we are young its quite easy to adapt!!!!but these days we find people who get married late and have their own ideas and dun quite gel in with the family and find it difficult to adjust with everyone.
    luv
    pavithra:wave

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear usha,
    marriage's survival is neither the age nor experience, age is right or wrong is not the question here, the more younger u r the more better as woman become very independant as they grow, so it is for this that they hurry to marry them off.

Now coming to experience whatever be the age u learn all over how to live with men, and no amount of previous experience which is only theory can help here. it is the mental compatibility and adjustment quality in a woman will take her further, a marriage being a very big responsibility. Though god only gives the first thought of cuddling and cosing. The reality slowly seeps in of responsibility.

though we read a lot and being advised a lot each has an experience where the marriage is concern, no amount of horoscope, or close friends recommendation or well placed come handy here, so before the survival part the compatibility is greater to choose, in a 23 u will find less rebellious, though the anger rise they subside fast and it takes sometime to adjust to ur partner, mentally and physically.

however old men are they never grow up, this particular aspect if a girl gets to know early, 23 or 32 anything she will be able to handle, it is only when she goes with the idea i have a husband and a father figure who will take care i dont have to bother kind of attitude that will land in trouble with any age..

so it is this factor which has to be taught to all girls before marriage. that they are more mother to the guys, then mate, and then partner...hope i have helped this topic here. regards sunkan

sorry both ur words are not the base here...

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  6. JayaJ

JayaJ Senior IL'ite

HI,
    i am new here. I was going through this message. Here are my thoughts.
    I think its more to do with level of maturity. You may be older and experienced but if your maturity is that of a younger age persons', then, the situation would have not been handled properly.

I think age and experience definitely helps but its the maturity level that decides whether to make or break a marriage or any situation for that matter.

7. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Pavithra, Sunkan, Jaya,

Wonderful points you have got here .I agree with Jaya littlebit,as she said maturity....yes this is was restricted me to agree for experience 100%.

Suppose lets imagine this situation, when a girl is not enough matured, her way of handling the things will sure result in a bad shape....keeping in mind that how older the persons are i believe their maturity level will be also high....Sorry if i'm wrong...

A 23 yrs can lost her emotions and make a situation worse, where as a 28yrs old lady can behave well and tackle the situation,again i think its basically depends on how maturity you are right?

Let see what others say....

Regards,
    USHA.

1 person likes this.
  8. arshi1611

arshi1611 New IL'ite

hi
    This is a very interesting question.I think there is a little bit of everything.A person who is younger can be mature and can solve the problem.Another thing is adaptibilty is more in a younger person as they can be moulded more easily.A person who is older goes thru much more as she ages so gathers alot more experience which she can use to solve the problem.Then there are people who are of considerable age and experience but are so immature that they can worsen the problem.I think maturity is the main criteria to handle any situation, age and experience goes hand in hand.

9. pra319

pra319 New IL'ite

Hi,
    This is really a thought provoking topic and difficult one to conclude. What I personaly feel is, it is maturity of a person which enables her to face a tough situation. We connect maturity with age , then the older person should be able to handle a tough situation in marriage effectively .
    paru

10. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Arshi,

Thanks.Its really happy and nice to see such wonderfun responses for the topic.....Keep going.