Surrogacy Options For Single Male In India, Legal Aspects ?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by poetics, Jul 14, 2016.

1. poetics

poetics Silver IL'ite

Good day
    I am a man , who seeks to be a good parent and I am considering invitro route than wasting time to find a partner.
    I just want to be me and be a good dad. I grew up without parents , and I am very confident of being a good parent . Recent example of Tusshar Kapoor , whom I always hated as an actor , gave me an idea , why cant I try this ?

Can anyone give proper leads about legal possibilities and suggest ways to get invitro. I have been offered eggs from a couple of good female friends I have , but I prefer to go with anonymous / unknown ones.

I prefer not to have a debate about this , I have made up my mind and I am not finding enough research material online regarding this , hence posting here. Expecting directions.

2. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Good Day to you as well!

Well, I don't argue! I personally don't have anything against surrogacy. You considering to be a single parent is your choice and I just will leave it at that. Well, I have no idea about this Tusshar Kapoor, nor his wishes except some few reads here. Hm, found it interesting that going IVF, surrogacy was better than even finding a partner!

Regarding the legal aspects, no idea.One online link is below. It would be worthwhile to seek a lawyer to get more clarity before proceeding further.
    Indian Surrogacy Law Centre | Surrogacy Laws in India

Good luck!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  3. poetics

poetics Silver IL'ite

Thank you !
    Tusshar Kapoor had a child for him through this means. As far as I knew , a couple of years ago this is was not possible in India . especially because , like in adoption law where a single male woudnt be allowed to adopt a girl child ( for the fear or assumption that all single men are potential pedophiles ! ) and in IVF you cannot decide the gender of the outcome , hence it was a legal dilemma.
    The recent news came as a surprise to me. I was told that providing ample evidence that the man has mental stability and financial strength to bring up a child and if someone in family vouches to be guardians too , he might be allowed.
    Unfortunately I dont have elders in family who can be guardians for the baby neither do I have siblings . And if this is a must , may be I should pay some distant relatives to get them signed for me! All is money :)

Am going through the links you provided , thank you once gain

Sairindhri likes this.
  4. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Lots more of resources online. More than that better to seek local legal experts on such issues.

Whatever you decide, decide soon and all the best for it.

Take care.

poetics likes this.