1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Surrender yourself

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Apr 20, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    Before I start, a word of caution! Please read this post if you believe in the supreme power else please excuse me and self as well.
    This was some 4 years back when I was taking my Spiritual Lessons. It was a correspondence course and I was supposed to read/understand a few lessons every month and submit my answer sheet at the end of the month. In all it was a three years course. That was the time my health was at the lowest point, kids very young, husband used to travel a lot plus my own consultancy services. My day was just packed with no spare time to even think of something else. I found that whenever I sat for my studies I could not concentrate because of the severe pain I had. One day, I just sat calmly, concentrated on God, and tried asking him, why is it so? I am doing everything properly, bearing the pain also, but why when I start my studies I am not able to do so? Is it that I don’t want to study about you, don’t want to learn your teachings? Why aren’t you helping me in this? I immediately felt that I got a reply from him. I said, my Lord I surrender myself to you. Henceforth, whatever will happen in my life will be as per your choice and I shall take it as it is. Whether it is good or not so good, I shall be happy because I trust you and know that you’ll not do something bad to me. All my actions will be unconditional, without any expectations, want, anger, greed and all that. But you have to promise me one thing that you’ll always be there for me. You’ll not leave me for a single moment and that I shall also remember you in each and every moment of my life. I should not go away from you.
    Trust me my friends; since that day my life has become quite easy, there are no complaints, no hard feelings, I have controlled my anger, I don’t react to things the way I used to. I have become quite patient, calm and happy. I feel his presence within and outside my small world. He helps me in cooking, washing, studying, writing these posts and what not.
    I just want to request you one thing; I have tried this and found the glory of God. Please all of you too try this and I am 100% sure you would see a tremendous change in your life. Your life becomes easy when he is there with you. You’ll see all those giant problems of your life vanish in the oblivion in a jiffy. And mind you, it’s no miracle you got to surrender yourself unconditionally and have a faith in him.
    Please try this and transform your lives.
    RegsJ

2. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear anukarsha,
    A wonderful and thought provoking post. Glad to know that you ere relieved of your pain and everything by completely surrendering to the Supreme Power.Your narration is so nice.
    When we hear the phrase "surrender to God" we might think that we are going to stop living. The truth is: we will start living! Surrendering to God doesn't mean living without a purpose. Instead, it means to start living with a purpose - the purpose that God has planned for us. Surrendering to God means that we yield our ownership. . .we relinquish control of our time, our property, our career. Anything that we consider as “rights.” We acknowledge what we thought was ours, is actually Gods. We are simply caretakers. We acknowledge that He knows best. We want His perfect plan!
    with love
    pad

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu

It is true that when we surrender to God and leave everything to HIm, He is always there with you and helps you to solve your problems. My childhood I have belief in God and always pray to Him to take care of me. I might not sit for long hours and pray but always think of Him in whatever I do. It is always said if you hold His padam firmly He is always there for you.

Good to know that you have surrendered yourself to Him and He is always with you

love
    viji

4. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear padmini:) thanks for your nice feedback.You write so well.I am not only writing my posts here but learning a lot more.thanks once again-anu

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Truely said vijiji.It's really a great experience to surrender yourself to him.thanks for your feedback.please keep blessing me like this in days to come too.regs and love:)