1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Surprises

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 20, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know you too like surprises

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yes dear it was a great job and our Director had confidence in me. I used to feel very happy when the accounts tallied. When Computer came it was a little difficult but the whole accounts department helped me in the beginning.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Amulet likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

You brought wonderful memories of my early teen ages when you mentioned about bank reconciliation. When I was 18 years old, after finishing my undergrad, I joined a CA firm to do my articles (3 year mandatory training while studying for CA). Everything used to be manual those days and there were no computers. Our seniors used to tell us that we can't even use calculators. Bank Reconciliation and Tallying Books of Accounts, finding out missing second entry, numbers entered wrongly in the ledger when posted from cash/bank book, etc. used to be our initial training job.

Trial Balances that showed the same total used to give us immense pleasure. Later, they used to give preparation of Income Statement and Balance Sheet from Trial Balance. It took a long time before we began understanding Depreciation Statement, what is deductible expenditure, accounting standards, companies act requirements, income-tax requirements, etc. But those three years were invaluable training that helped me learn so much setting up a great career.

In my view, every professional course should have practical experience dedicated at least for one year instead of just having an academic program.

Viswa

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Jms

Jms New IL'ite

Is there anyone from Saudi Arabia

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:A thought provoking interesting subject tending readers to quickly review the surprises they had in the past both pleasant and sordid.
    2. I have some interesting note on this that would qualify for a thread.
    Thanks and regards.
    GOD BLESS.

iyerviji likes this.
  6. Helpingbee

Helpingbee Senior IL'ite

I love surprises since childhood.But so far Nobody has done any surprised me or given surprise gift to me.
    Every birthday I long if somebody would give me a surprise..i know it sounds weird and I crave like anything..
    But I feel happy and contented in surprising others..I do my part and get satisfaction from their joy of recieving.

iyerviji likes this.
  7. Helpingbee

Helpingbee Senior IL'ite

Yes iam from saudi

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know my post brought memories of your experience. I can understand. My son also did CA and the last year he took training in our office and had the opportunity to learn ERP and acquired many friends too. Today he is a Director and he as be his friend are running a Company financed by someone else. I know those days it was manual and I can understand how happy you should have been when the accounts tallied.Thanks for sharing your experience.

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Going to someone's house as a surprise -- not any more. I remember such surprises from childhood. We liked it. Not sure if mom was truly happy at having to cook on short notice with grocery not done. Now, going to anyone's house or them coming over is not feasible.

But phone... I still like to be surprised when a friend calls instead of first texting and saying "let's talk?" Even better, when it is a number I don't recognize and it turns out to be a friend or relative with no contact in a long time.

iyerviji likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know you have interesting thread.

Thyagarajan likes this.