1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Surprise!! Interview with a famous author on her newly published book. DO NOT MISS!!!

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by malspie, Dec 1, 2007.

1. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

Re: Surprise!! Interview with a famous author on her newly published book. DO NOT MIS

Hi Mals,
    Just dropped in to read about the Interview. Its always good to know about one's regional festivals. Though we may have spent half our life time celebrating the festivals doesn't mean we are thorough with nuances of it. More interesting to read when some one points out the subtleties and the perfect way to do it. Thanks Mals and Hats off for your work in bringing into our notice the Book and of course the author. Just have to grab one from the stands from the book shop.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Surprise!! Interview with a famous author on her newly published book. DO NOT MIS

Dear Mals,
    Your interview with Soumya is quite facinating! You have almost brought out all the details. As Varloo says, the price is beyond the reach of middle class people. But we do have to accept the rising printing cost and the great pains and efforts the author has put in to publish the book! You have done a great job by posting the interview.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sumathy,

All work related to journalism is always a pleasure to me. And the environment becomes more nostalgic when viewers like you punch in their sweet comments. It boosts my morale and make me look for more meatier things to place for you all..

Bye dear.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Padma,

Let me direct the credits to Dear Malathy, Our IndusLady who had the trust in me. Without her encouragement it would not have done. When sheput forward the proposal to me, I was delighted. She not only let me play with my words but also gave me the freedom to start my own thread on the subject matter.
    What more can I ask for in a matter of six months as a member in the site. And the cream of the cake, are the comments that you viewers add to this thread. The book is worth the money, but in a country like India, the cost is high. I had put this request to her (check my interview with her), now the publishers have agreed to give discount. It all depends upon the number of buyers.

Thanks Padma for the kind words of encouragement.

Bye!!

5. latha_sasi

latha_sasi Silver IL'ite

Dear Malspie,
    Very happy that you got an oppurtunity to interact with Ms.Sowmya. I actually read about the release of this book by Ms.Sowmya in the papers .I was really interested at the attempt made by Ms.Sowmya to enlighten thousands of readers who are ignorant about the importance of their own cultures and traditions.it will make our life more meaningful once we know how and why we celeberate the different festivals and also share the knowledge with the curious nextgens.It will be great if we can get a discount on the pricing so that all ILites can be proud owners of Follow The Hindu Moon.

Latha Sasidharan

6. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi Mals,

:wowThat is great information!
    Thank you for taking the time to get it for all of us. Infact, living in US, with breakneck schedules, I was losing the Indian touch. Your thread was like a 'God-sent-wake-up-call' to me saying here is the way I can get in line! Now, I have no reason to be ignorant. I'm So Sure..
    :thankyou2: Soumya, for writing the book and :thankyou2: Mals, for giving me the information.

Regards,
    Sharada

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  7. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Hey Mals,

Thanks for letting us know about the book which is for sure going to help everyone and also the future generations.

enjoyed reading ur interview.

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Latha Sasi

I have spoken with the publishers and they have agreed to give discount. I have posted a thread on this topic. kindly check.

Thanks for your lovely words of encouragement.

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sharada,

I totally agree with you, the book keeps us hooked to the culture of South India. Nice to see you here.

Bye

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Slp807,

How are you. After a long time, I am seeing you in my posts!!!

The book will serve as a guide to all the HINDU FESTIVALS OF SOUTH INDIA.

Thanks for stepping in.