1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Surprise for DH b'day and our Wedding Anniversary

Discussion in 'Indians in New York' started by nottie, Jul 31, 2012.

1. nottie

nottie Silver IL'ite

Hi ILs,

I got married in 2011 and its almost going to be a year and in a month we would be heading for our first Anniversary. The beauty on that day is my DH's b'day too. We both got married on his b'day :) I wanted to give him surprise on his b'day and make our wedding anniversary special. We stay in US and only we two r here thats the sad one:-(

I wish i could get some good ideas so that could make the day more special.
    Thanks in Advance

Regards,
    priya

2. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

hi nottie,
    u can surprise him with a gift , arrange a candle light dinner...

3. nottie

nottie Silver IL'ite

Hi jaanu,
    Thanks for ur reply. Ya sure let me plan out something for dinner like that.

Regards
    Priya

4. falgunid18

falgunid18 Platinum IL'ite

if you r a housewife and if ur DH is going to office that day, then you can decorate the entire house in his absence with ribbons, roses, flowers. Get him a no. of cards that equal to his age. use these cards also for decoration. But not all. hide some and ask your DH to find them.

When your DH is about to arrive, make the room dark n fill it with candles. Make sure that candles are lite when he comes inside the room. Keep the video cam on to record his reaction as soon as he enters and sees a dark room full of candle. Also have cake ready on a table (ofcourse which is also filled with candles) and gifts besides it.

Have fun.. and wish you Happy Anniversary in advance.

1 person likes this.
  5. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Your husband too might be planning something to surprise you ;-)

You can arrange a surprise flower delivery to your husband on your anniversary. There are so many online websites where you can do that like 1800 flowers. Else you may get some personalized gifts like custom mugs or photo book or check personalizationmall.com for even better ideas.

6. wizzie

wizzie Silver IL'ite

Prepare/order some delicious food to make this day special!! :)

And of course, it goes without saying make the action in bedroom extra special too. May be some surprises in the bed ;)

7. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

@nottie.
    i got married in 2010 and i cudnt celebrate our marge day and my husband's bday as my baby was jus 2 months old..!so had a huge plan for his birthday this year..!i gave his so many handmade gifts to him,..!planned to make 30 gifts but i cudnt make it..
    1.i got unfinished wooden photoframe,house and painted it myslf..!
    2.i got unfinished wooden sysmbol and had written greetngs on it and attached a foto of him
    3.i made salt dough key chain
    4.i got flowers and collected leaves and made flower bouquet
    4.got pen,diary,pencil,eraser:p
    5.i got him armani watch.
    6.i made choclate cake myslf for birthday and for marge day which is jus a week later..i had cut the cake in love symbol and did frosting..followd vahrehvah recipe:)
    7.i made flower with pista shells
    i had hidden gifts in diffrent places and wrote the details on chits giving clue abt giftt and asked him to take one and askd him get the gift,,
    i nvr did this big homework evr before..this was the 1st time..my husband also was surprised bcoz basically im a lazy person and not a person to work alot to giv surprise..so it was a hit

8. nottie

nottie Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much for ur wishes @falgunid18. Ya u r right I am a housewife and planning to decorate the house. And ur idea of recording his reaction is really good, hope when we see the video later in our future will make us feel so good. Thanks once again.:cheers

Thank you @writeme and @wizzie for taking time to write about the ideas, sure will take these ideas and make our day more special.:thankyou2:

@lucky2 I think you have really given a very big surprise to your DH. Really sweet of you. But I don’t think I can do such stuff as I don’t know anything about it. But for sure I am gonna try the cake from vahrehvah.com Really your day must have been very special. Happy to hear.Thank you so much for sharing it. :2thumbsup:

Sure with al those ideas I think I can make it even more special. Thank you:party

9. nottie

nottie Silver IL'ite

Hi falgunid18 Thanks for your reply and ur idea of recording the reaction sounds really good. I think when we see the video later in our future it will be really superbbbbb.....:)

Thanks to writeme, wizzie and lucky2. Thanks to all for taking time to give ur ideas and share it here.

@Lucky2: I think u have really given a big surprise to ur DH. Probably i am not good in al those things u have listed but for sure let me try out the cake from vahrehvah.com.

I replied it two days back, i got the msg as "ur reply will be posted after verified by administrator" but still it is not posted. I dont know y still thinking abt it?:(

10. falgunid18

falgunid18 Platinum IL'ite

Yeaahh... it is reallly nice memories.. we always used to record stuff on all occasions.

Do let us know how did your anniversary go and how did you surprise :)