1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SURPRISE by Ananya Tales !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ananyakiran, Sep 30, 2014.

1. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

Ever since I wrote my first post on Jan 28th 2014, my life has been revolving around my blog and I have been evolving !

Feb 28th was a day I celebrated one month of blogging. March 28th, I moved to my own website, for me it was a big step.

I had contributed two articles to Sulekha.Com - The most popular Indian community website in USA. After few days, to my surprise I received an email where they asked me if I was interested to officially contribute for their website.

April 3rd, I had become their first featured contributor from Seattle. I was really happy and with an intention to surprise my mother I called her up and told her everything about it.

Guess what?

I was shocked as she said "I am not surprised by this, I remember even when you were a kid, you would always try to write a poem or story in your old journal, but you never let anyone read it."

I don't remember writing at all.

It surprises me, how over the years I never tried to write again. Maybe I was too afraid to share my real thoughts with anyone. If I did write, it would have helped me ease my pain.

I wouldn't be bottled up for so many years.

If I was interested in writing why didn't I take it up professionally?

Why did I choose to study engineering for 4 years and then invest 3 years in masters of engineering. I did enjoy it though. NO regrets there !

Maybe writing was more like a hobby, which I stopped practicing over years and then all of a sudden here I am enjoying the appreciation in an totally different field for which I have had no formal education or qualification.

I have always loved meeting new people, attending various events and expressing myviews about it. This is exactly what I do at Sulekha, to add I get to interview celebrities and also help Indian community by writing about upcoming events and share with them the information related to daily life. Staying away from our motherland we struggle to create our own space here and I am so happy to be a part of it !

I was so nervous at my first interview, it was with the famous Carnatic musician Vishaka Hari, who is performing in various states of US. To my surprise again after the interview, I received a compliment by her that I was well prepared.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    2 people like this.

2. nirmalsivagami

nirmalsivagami Silver IL'ite

wow...really you met visaka hari...i love her kadhakalakshebam a lot...!!!
    you must be very happy to have done well from ur surprise hidden talent...!!!
    this is what i can think from reading ur post..."do what you love and love what you do"
    wishing you all success in your writing job and god bless...stay happyfriendssmiley

cheers
    Nirmal

1 person likes this.
  3. sirila29

sirila29 Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations ananya. you rock with your writing. i have become your fan and read you snippets. they are so amusing, full of life, feels fresh.

1 person likes this.
  4. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

Thanks Nirmal, I am so touched by ur warm wishes !Thanks again...

1 person likes this.
  5. ananyakiran

ananyakiran Gold IL'ite

Thanks Sirila, means a lot to me ! Pls continue reading :)

1 person likes this.