1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

surgery in usa

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by lmani, Oct 15, 2007.

1. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

Every time i go for a surgery I get baffled how to deal with it no help.
    This country lacks emotional strength. tell me Indus ladies how to go thro surgery and be brave.Someone should have some suggestion.:clap

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi lalitha,

Common india/abroad.. the emotional strength comes from within. The surgery is to make the pain go away from your legs...so think about it positively. I am going to be fine. i am going to be fine...this really helps. (I talk about it from experience.)

Moreover, you have il to support you.:thumbsup.

Plan things before hand. just check out things that you will need in the next one month during your recuperation. plan it accordingly. the matter of food and help around the house is the two things that you need to concentrate and arrange. everything else will fall into place.

All the best....

3. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Hi Lalitha,

I have had two surgeries in the US.. The key is to plan ahead. Food wise, I made idlies, pongal, dosas and not so spicy chutney and sambhar and stock them in the freezer. I also buy bread, make a lot of curd and stock them too. Rent all your favorite movie DVDs and arrange such that you can watch them from the bed. I also have a small table that you get in BBB (Bed Bath Beyond) for 20 dollars that you can keep on the bed while you are lying down, so you can keep the plates/ laptop/books/TV remotes on top of it. Do inform a close friend about your surgery so she can help in case of an emergency.

Hope this helps.. It is tough to manage, but with a little planning it is a breeze.. you will actually start enjoying the time you have for yourself !

Good luck with the surgery!

Regards
    Vidya

4. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi Lalitha

good luck with the surgery,,,,,

take care
    Huma

5. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

You are sensible thanks.

6. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi ,

think about the happiest moments of the past, this will birng energy. also think about all of those things that needs to be done once u return from the hospital. on top of all recite raama raama, that is the golden word which helps everyone esp those who r in danger. also think everything is for good.

7. saraswatibhat

saraswatibhat Senior IL'ite

Hi Imani,

Wish u good luck....And my prayers are with u,

8. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

Thanks Vidya.You seem to be a great mentor.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2007
  9. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi lalitha

Wishing u good luck and i will pray for u

latamurali

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear lmani,

A surgery above all is a healing procedure. Think of it that way. Visualise yourself as being in the secure haven of your favourite God's Hands when you are given the anaesthetic. All will be well. For emotional support, we are all here, praying for you and wishing for your fast return back to IL.

Your avtar- is it your photo? Also, maybe you need not post your contact number openly in the forum. You could pm it to the member.

Goodluck!

regards