1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Surge In Sweet Cravings

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by nayidulhan, Nov 22, 2021.

1. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Yes, you have pinpointed stress and that is 100% correct. Stress is the underlying culprit for most of our problems. If we handle stress well then most of our problems will be solved automatically. I tried hard but I still can't recall when and how I started stressing out. I would really have liked to understand my journey to tackle it and also to train my child to stay away from stress.

2. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

I understand you completely, Sanjuruby. Thankfully, we have this IL platform.Just imagine what life would have been without this.

yes, exercise and healthy eating is the key. Unfortunately, I am taking a lot of short cuts these days. I must watch out now. :(

3. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Yes, I agree... one size fits all does not work in this case. One must be conscious of the lifestyle one is leading. I so wish we could train the next gen to live a stress free and healthy lifestyle.

4. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Dear gitagita,
    One thing I have learnt the hard way is that we control our own destinies to a fair extent. With discipline, will power and good thoughts, we can change ourselves.
    Think of it this way... you are older and wiser than your other family members. They look up to you in more ways than one. So take it upon yourself to lead by example. If you eat healthy then they will take fitness and healthy lifestyle seriously.

Yes, we live only once but we must enjoy and make merry but because of #YOLO, we don't explore any and everything eg things forbidden by our sanskars and traditions.

I seem good to advise. I wish I follow half to what I have posted here. :)

5. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Thanks a million, Gauri for listing all the pointers. This is an action packed plan for now and for future. Do you have any resources like web links that could guide me to Intermittent fasting? Should IF be a lifelong practice or till I have things under control? Also, how does one measure the weight of the carbs and dietery fibre?

6. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot, hrastro. Peanuts and grams are good for health as well. I will stock up on these.

Yes, when I am busy and work hard, I don't crave for sweets and I also sleep well that night. I need to work on idleness and gloom that result from stress. Thanks again. :)