1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Support group for losing weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pooja, Oct 4, 2006.

1. bharthi

bharthi Junior IL'ite

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Latha,
    It is best that you did the correction.Sometimes we make mistakes in the hurry. There is nothing wrong in that and please continue to do that in future also.

3. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

ash gourd

hi latha

thanks for clearing my doubt.I m from delhi and we use words gheeya for bottle gourd and paitha for pumpkin. I m not aware of white pumpkin and ash gourd.
    pumkin which I m talking abt is orange coloured and bottle gourd is similar to ash gourd as u said light green with white flesh.

I don't know I got right thing or not.

Thanks
    Sonia

4. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

you got it wrong

Dear Sonia,

What you say as gheeya is not ash gourd. That is a vegetable, mostly only south indians cook.
    In Delhi I have seen a sweet ,I think it is called paitha (petha) sweet, whitish in colour. It is cut into small pieces and cooked and then dipped in sugar syrup.
    Just like yellow pumpkin it is whitish in colour . What you say as gheeya ( bottle gourd ) is suraikkai in tamil. It is also called toorai or lauki or doodhi in hindi.
    Ash gourd is oval shaped, big sized vegetable.
    See the difference at the site
    www.seedsofindia.com/ed_gourds.htm
    There are pictures here and at the end of it they have given a pic of cut ash gourd.
    See if you can recognise it
    Latha :wave

5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

About the mistake

Dear varloo,

We people know what ash gourd is . So when you said white pumpkin we understood what you meant by that. Only that, Sonia didn't know what the vegetable was . That's why the mistake came to be noticed . Otherwise there was no need for correction at all.

6. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

dear latha,
    txs for the link.it was very useful . i came to know abt few other veggies also whom i don't know by there actual names . good job :thumbsup

with love

7. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

dear latha,

thanx very much.

8. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    has somebody tried the gm diet ? i just wanted to know how to make the wonder soup . in that diet chart they hv given the recipe not the method . so i am bit confused . pls help me
    rgds

9. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

GM diet

Dear Heena,

For your query I went searching about the GM diet. What I got was , at the Doctor NDtv.
    Have you ever read about that?? They say that it is not a good diet to follow and that it is a fad.
    If you like , go to the site and have a look

www.doctorndtv.com/FAQ/detailfaq.asp?id=9456

There is an article there and they have also given some guidelines on how to diet

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  10. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

GM Diet - Wonder Soup !

Dear Heena and Latha,

I had tried GM diet before ! Heena , regarding making the Wonder soup, just cut all the veggies as mentioned in the book and put them in water and allow them to boil well, you can add salt and pepper, before consuming, if you want ! It's simple to make !

Latha, There are 2 different views about the GM diet, one view suggests its a good diet to follow and the other not to follow. (Read all the pro's and con's discussed abt this GM diet in this forum by various members !)....Well, I guess its upto the individual to decide whether to go for this particular diet or not based on their belief and probably can take an opinion from their doctors on this GM diet before they start it off, to avoid any foreseeing complications at a later point due to this.

Love,
    Preethi