1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Support group for losing weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pooja, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

About Detoxing

Hi,

Did you see" The Hindu" dated 28 th oct , supplement "Metro Plus" ?

There was an article about Detoxing and losing weight. Quote

"A strict detox, whether it is done for three days, one week or even a month ,will jump start your metabolism and will help all that sluggishness disappear.
    Fitness instructors and nutritionists recommend detox for the fact that it'll help you shed a few pounds. Your diet should not contain any processed or refined foods. That means, no sugar, no tea, no rice or anyother food that might contain carbohydrates. Fitness instructor Gavin Holt recomends a strict three day detox that includes unlimited quantities of fruits and fruit juices . Alternatively, add boiled or raw vegetables and vegetable soups to your diet. Even the popular seven day GM diet can also be used as a detox. A detox diet can give you a mild headache and make you feel a bit lethargic and sometimes nauseous. You can choose a detox that suits your body best.

A popular grandmother therapy for a post binge cleanse starts of with a glass of warm ajwain water, with only rasam rice eaten all day.
    Supplement your detox process with a bit of meditation and yoga. If you prefer aerobics increase your routine by 15-30 minutes. Meditation and yoga help relax the mind and body. Detoxification after all is about cleansing the body as a whole".

HOW TO DETOX

1. EAT ONLY FRUITS, VEGETABLES, FRESH FRUIT JUICES - WITHOUT ADDED SUGAR - AND SOUPS. tHIS WILL FLUSH YOUR SYSTEM.

2. START YOUR DAY WITH 2 TABLETS OF WHEAT GRASS.

3.ADD A TABLESPOON OF FLAX TO YOUR SOUPS FOR THAT EXTRA FIBRE.

I thought some of you would not have seen this article. I have not written down the full article, only some points which I thought will be of interest to you.

Happy Detoxing and losing weight.
    Latha

2. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Detox Article was encouraging !

Dear Eljaype,

Thanks for sharing that Article from Hindu about Detox !!

The bottomline is Eating Lots of Fruits and Fresh Vegetables (devoid of rice) detoxicate our body and cleanses our body !

The recommendation to GM program gives me confidence to try that again. I am going to start my GM program soon, I have started to have strong regrets offlate for having discontinued the program in between..

Thanks for sharing the article !

Love,
    Preethi

3. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Don't go over board

Dear Preethi,

It is good to diet and it is very easy to go overboard also. When you diet like this, you have to keep in mind one thing. To stop at once, if you feel very tired and very lethargic . Do not strain yourself. Take some rest inbetween.

I saw these in some site while browsing , which one I do not remember. If I see that again ,I'll let you know.
    Latha

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Thanks Latha

Thanks for that article.

Preethi and buddies,

I didnt follow the exact GM diet but went on fasting for Kandha sashti.I lost 2½ kg and now in my ideal weight.

I didnt do total fasting.
    The 6 days diet I followed is:

Morning: 6.00AM: Half cup of milo.
    Around 9.00 Am: A fruit(Apple/banana/Guava/)
    Around 12.00noon: Handful of roated nuts and dry fruits.
    Around 3 pm: half cup milo.
    Around 7.00 pm 1 cup Rice/veggies/sambhar/rasam/yogurt.
    8.00 pm Mixed fruits.

All along the day I drank lots of water. I didnt get headache but I felt very active and slept very well at night.

Hope the above info helps you.
    I would also like to try the GM diet for flushing out the toxicity...may be nextweek.

I read in a magazine recently that White pumpkin salad helps in reducing weight. Gonna try that also.

Cheers:wave
    Vijee

5. sudha_rao

sudha_rao New IL'ite

jolly good

Hi girls,
    i am intrested in joining this group as i need to loose atleast 10-12 kgs to become my original self . i have been chronically sick and getting back my health now and get tired easily and so get demotivated soon .i don't do any hard exercise just walking for 40-50mins daily ,but sometime not regular.
    Thanks preethi i'll try ur GM prg it sounds intresting as i have control over food so i 'll check with my doc and give it a try.

So gang kudos to all of u on ur weight loss jorney and i wish every one is sucessfull in losing weight and looking beautiful again.:clap
    Best wishes to all
    Sudha

6. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

white pumpkin salad

Dear Vijee,

I think this is my first with you. Thanks for the message.

If you want to try out the white pumpkin salad for losing weight , you have to put on .. again.. now that you have ideal weight.
    Latha :wave

7. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Think about it first

Dear Sudha (Rao)

Think about it first before you try GM diet. It is very strenuous . You have also written that you are a chronically sick person. So be careful or ask your doctor first and then do it, dear.
    Do first like the way Vijee did. That itself will bring you results, I think so.
    Latha :wave

8. Hobbycook

Hobbycook New IL'ite

Hi Girls,

I am a new member and I read about the GM diet last week so we started this diet on Monday (my hubby and 17 year old daughter are doing it with me). Today is the third day and it feels good today. The first two days were rough.

The first day, I had this craving for salt, so I put salt on all the fruit I ate (which I know is not good). The second day, I had this terrible headache and felt nousious in the evening, but I slept very well last night and it helped. Today is the best day since you can combine both fruits and veggies so you can satisfy your need for both salt and sugar.

The only problem I have is breakfast. What do you eat with your tea? I hate drinking tea with fruit (it simply does not appeal to me). The potato day was fine but you are not allowed to eat that every day. Any advise or suggestions?

Thanks.
    Hobbycook from Sweden
    PS: This is a fantastic site, and I am loving it!:clap

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    I just went thro this thread, very wonderful and useful one. I too would like to be a part of it.
    I need to reduce 20 kg to be in the ideal wieght . However I try, I am not able to reduce even 1 kg. Even when I had dengue fever some years back and even then I did not reduce weight.
    I shall share my views with you soon.

10. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

to start losing weight

Dear Varloo,

First the thought that we have to lose weight should be there. You have it and so you can do it.
    Start off by drinking three glasses of water early in the morning in empty stomach. Get used to this first and then you can go in for other fluid diets.
    You have to get used to drinking liquids in the morning other than tea/coffee. You might get a mild headache when you start , it's all right.

As and when you can , continue drinking water, about 10-12 glasses daily. Increase your water intake slowly ,automatically your food intake will go down. Add fruit juices also to your liquid intake.
    All the best. Hope to see a healthy Varloo soon.
    Latha