1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Support group for losing weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pooja, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Bharathi, GM Plan Clarifications

Hi Bharathi,

Good to know that you have kicked off the Diet Program ! All the best to complete it successfully, Half way through you have started seeing its results..that's good..!

Well as far as ur clarifications.

Tomato - On Day 5 :

When I underwent this program, I was consuming just raw tomatoes (ripe one preferred), just like how u take them in salads..For rice, just have one cup of sambar or rasam whatever you prefer. Avoid veggies today if not mentioned in the diet!

Avoid Curds/Buttermilk :

Avoid anything of the above sort, if they are not mentioned in the diet. Particularly say a big NO to Curds ! Start consuming them after the program is over.

Drink Water :

Most importantly, consume as much of water as you can, during the program (and thereafter) , its very good for you and your body !

Wonder Soup :

This soup can be consumed starting from first day of the program till the last , any number of times...No harm in it ! It might make you feel better, as you would break the monotony of diet with some thing different in between. I encourage you to take this everyday as much as you want to make you feel better !

Good Luck ! and hope my answers clarifies your doubt !

Love,
    Preethi

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  2. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Are hunder control milkshakes any good??

Thanks Vandana.

I will do as u suggest. But I wanted to findout if anyone has tried these hunger control milkshakes like slim-fast. Is it advisable to drink these regularly?/

Anyone trying them and getting any good results please let me know.

Thanks,
    Geetha

3. geeta_sathish

Are nuts like Badam good for weight watchers?

Hi Latha

I have read that nuts are nigh in calories and fat so shoud not be consumed if you want to lose weight.

But others say that they are a good source of vitamin E which helps to improve your complexion and so should be eaten regularly. So I am now very confused. Can we eat nuts like badam and pista and dry fruits like figs and dates everyday and if so, then how much? As of now, I eat 7 badams a day soaked in water and skin peeled. I also eat 4 dates and two figs a day. Its mainly to arrest my hair fall problem. Is this good?? Can I continue??

Please advice.

Thanks,
    Geetha Satish.

4. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

For Geeta

Hi Geeta,

Regarding slim fast: it is not a hunger control milk shake, rather a meal replacement one. I think each can has about 200 calories. You can try it , but think of the other options: you can have a bowl full of salad or soup along with some low fat cottage cheese or yogurt 2 slices of low carb multi grain bread /or chapatis etc... that will keep you full longer. Always including some amount of protein in every snack/meal, will keep your craving away.

As to the nuts that you are taking. 7 almonds a day is no problem, but i would recomend that you eat it with the skin. May i ask why you are soaking and peeling the skin off? As always, if you eat like a 1 cup of nuts/ or dry fruits a day it is going to make you put on weight.

Hope this helps

Vandhana

5. sujatha711

sujatha711 New IL'ite

Hello

Hi peeps,
    this is sujatha from singapore. i never knew you guys can do wonders. pleeease take me in too in this weight loss program. but i would like to start this weight losing program after deepavali. as i have to cook and taste and etc etc. i would like to join hands with all you girls. im in too. thanks a lot for the wonderul weight lose program. lets encourage each other and build a tight bond among ourselves. till then take care all of you and Happy Deepavali 2006.

Love
    Sujatha.

6. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

about badam and slimming

Dear Geetha,

Sorry for the belated reply. Didn't see your mail at all..

You can have two/three badam daily. Soak them up and take it. Actually it is an anti oxidant and also known to increase the metabolic rates.

Fats that heal and fats that kill. Saturated fats are the ones which kill , those which are got from the oils and fats that heal are the good for health , the essential fatty acids, like Omega3, omega 6 fatty acids. They are actually good for health and has been proved many times over.

All the nuts are good for the body.Walnuts are the best ,I believe. Handful of nuts a day will take you a longway in maintaining your health, hair and weight.

Latha

7. sujatha711

sujatha711 New IL'ite

Day 1 of GM Program

Hi Ladies,
    well sucessfully,:clap i have started the GM program today. so far so good. the temptation for eating rice or other stuffs is definately there. but i kept telling myself " I HAVE TO REDUCE WEIGHT" ! i ate apple, mango, starfruit and watermelon for today. i too have migraine and if im hungry its worse. so im eating more fruits to avoid it. not sure its right or not. alrite. i will get back with you Ladies tomorrow. till then bye.:wave

Suji

8. geeta_sathish

Hi Latha and Vandana

Hi Vandana and Latha,

Thanks for the clarification. I will do as mentioned. Others who are undergoing the General Motors Diet are requested to please give your inputs.

We all need to work a little extra hard now because of the diwali sweets that we couldn't stop from eating.

Thanks.
    Geetha

9. Jiia

Jiia New IL'ite

weight

Hi IL ladies I also wish to join ur weight loss program. been trying to shed the unwanted kgs but failed as yet. Let motivate one another and be our ideal figure by 31.12.2006. Shall we

With Love.
    Jiia:wave

10. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

motivation

Hi Jiia,

As you say we'll keep motivating eachother.

Drink more water, fruit juices with out sugar, leave out fried things and do some exercise seriously. Do not take aerated soft drinks . This is also very important. That has got loads of sugar and carbon dioxide !!
    Comeon Ladies , Don't give up
    Latha