1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Support group for losing weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pooja, Oct 4, 2006.

1. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

hi all IL ladies ,
    i also leave the programe in between coz i got a bad headache. i already suffer frm migrain but after 2 days of this programe it was on high so i drop in between . that's why i can't be hungry anytime otherwise i will get hunger headache and that's the reason i put on weight :cry: . even if i do exercise i got migrain . so i don't know waht to do. any suggestions for me will realy help me ?

2. bipasu_1950

bipasu_1950 Junior IL'ite

support group for loosing weight

hai friends,:clap

hails for the girls who have put such an idea.I also want to join your group since i also want to reduce my weight.for the last three years i have been putting on weight due to the menopausual problems.i am doing regular exercises like yoga,pilates,etc and trying to control the intake of food also.actually i have been thinking of entering the general motors diet for the last three days.since diwali is approaching.i have postponed till the next week.i am going on a trip also.anyhow it is a welcome decision on the part of the group.new suggestions are welcome and i advise my friends to do exercises excluding the house chores of work and you have to find time for them.wishing you all the best,
    :wave bipasu

3. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

About discussions related to GM Diet Program...

Hi All,

I have been going through the discussions and opinions posted about the GM program from other IL-Mates like vandhana, sunravi_1970, sunita etc...

Well, Ladies, This program was just passed onto me from my colleagues and I didn't indulge into the pro's and con's of it. So, if those who feel its not a recommended way to reduce weight, can go ahead not trying this out....Lossing about 5-7 kilos in a week's time, is too much a temptation to resist...so, the natural urge for anyone would be to go for it instantly ! Also, as the program doesn't recommend hard-core fasting, it sounds good and encouraging...! As a person who underwent this program, I can tell for sure, it makes u feel so tired all through the day and not only that, in my case particular, I felt potential increase in my appetite after the program, As none of my other colleagues had this symptom, I felt it is to do something with my temptation for food ! But if someone comes to know or feel, the repercussion of this program is harzaduous , then please have second thoughts about it, Go for it only when you're too sure and convinced about this program, the program without any doubt works !

As many others pointed out, there are always other alternatives in considering weight loss, not just diet. Personally, I feel compramising on food is not the right way to reduce, Because I have become lazy too, I feel the least exerting method of weight reduction is diet so I prefer to go for it, but for healthier physique always physical excerise and yoga's would be the preferred choice.

If this GM program is for sure a misleading method, then I sincerely apologise for posting wrong methods for weight reduction, due to my ignorance about its cause and effect. Ultimately the core objective of this thread is to reduce weight, not to increase weight.

Anywayz, all the best for all your efforts to reduce weight !

A suggestion, those IL ladies who recently tried this program, please come forward to share how you feel now and what kind of impact this program had on your body, so you could bring in some sort of awareness to other IL who are willing to try this diet. !

Love,
    Preethi

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Cheer up folks!

Dear Preethi and ILites

I would like to put my opinion too.

Although wt loss is highlighted in this diet program, the core principle is DETOXIFICATION-getting rid of the toxic deposits from the body. Detox is well approved by dieticians world wide.
    Don't be disheartened by the terminology- it is our Viradhams/Upavaasams in Indian Culture-'Pattini Parama Oushadham' . A good example (apart from religious beliefs) is Kandha Sashti Viradham(6 days)- followed by most of us all over the world starting from the next day of deepavali and ends on the 6th day.z

I myself believe that physical exercise is the genuine pathway to reach the ideal weight and crash dieting is a myth. But the reason I liked the GM diet and I am definitely going to try from 1st November is: I want to detoxify my body and build up my immunity. Even before Preeti wrote abt the GM diet, I was adviced by a Nutrition Advisor to detoxify my body to get rid of my Allergic Rhinitis (sneezing, nasal block,headache etc). I also saw an article by another dietician suggesting vegetable/fruits/juices diet for few days and detoxify. Then 1 week later start the intake of regular diet(ofcourse moderately). So Preethi dear don't feel sorry for your posting.

I do have migraine and I agree with Heena that fasting may aggravate it.

Coming to GM Diet, it does not ask us to go hungry completly....We get carbohydrates from potatos, vegetables and fruits too. (Our own Naturopathy diet). Except the quantity is much lowered than our usual intake. And the soup mentioned is the article is good too (I tried). But you will get used to it in 2 days as you shd psychologicaly believe that you are doing this to detoxify your body and you are going to achieve it. The bonus would be the weight loss!
    But We shd be cautious after ending the dieting. Should not crave and venture into sumptuous snacks/junks since we have lost 4/5 kgs(This is one of the main reasons for gaining back the lost weight quickly).

I think I told whatever I felt. Will let you all know the results!!

Cheers:wave
    Vijee

5. mrsvijaymenon

mrsvijaymenon New IL'ite

loos weight

hai...
    for loosing weight i used to do tredmil daily and i aam succes with that. thankyou.

6. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Excercise for losing tummy fat

Hi Shahana,

Thanks for the great tip. I tried doing it today. But couldn't do more than 5. I could feel the pressure on my tummy, so I believe that it will definitely give good results. I will gradually increase it to 10 a day and continue for a month. I will let u know the feedback.

People who walk regularly, can anyone advice if walking for a mile a day help to reduce tummy??

Cheers,
    Geetha Satish

7. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Hi Geetha

Walking alone cannot help you strengthen your tummy muscles, you have to work each muscle group individually. I think what you are doing is the best method. Start doing slowly and in due course build up your repititions. Since you can feel the pressure I assume you are doing it right.

As Vandhana mentioned exercise is the best way to loose weight in addition to portion control.
    Good luck Geetha.

8. jyothisathvika

jyothisathvika New IL'ite

want to loose my weight

Hi! Pooja,

I'm now 8 kgs. excess, i want to reduce so, please forward your advice. will be grateful.

Warm Regards,
    Jyothi

9. jyothisathvika

jyothisathvika New IL'ite

what is GM programme

Hi! Friends,

I think i've missed the thread, please let me know what is GM programme? Please give me so that i can also start.

Warm Regards,
    Jyothi

10. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

GM Program - It's in Page 1 of this thread.

Hi Jyothi,

Welcome to this Forum !

You can go over all the discussions in this thread to know the suggestions and different views about weight loss.

As far as the GM Diet Program is concerned, the program is posted on the first page of this thread.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3076

Following the above link, will lead you to the program !

Regards,
    Preethi