1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Support group for losing weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pooja, Oct 4, 2006.

1. pooja

pooja New IL'ite

Folks,

Are there anyone in this forum who want to loose weight? I just wanted to see if we want to get together virtually to support each other to loose weight? We can form a tight team and make this journey. As we go along, we can encourage each other, share tips and tricks to stay on course etc.

Who all would like to participate in this support group?. I need to loose about 20 pounds and I need company!!

Pooja

2. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Hey Pooja, I am with you!!!

Dear Pooja,

Although people around me say i don't need to lose anymore weight, I still feel I want to lose abt 6-10 pounds and just once in life, get to where I want to be!

I exercise daily (sometimes twice a day) but since we moved recently, I've been lagging behind on exercises and also eating garbage food(read: restaurant food)

Let's have more members come in and I could share what I did to lose the 20+ pounds in an all-natural way.

3. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

A Willing Participant - I am for it !!

Hi Ladies,

This is something which I need to attend the MOST !! Yeh, I have been seriously thinking of shedding all the excess fat accumulated in my body over the year, but haven't done much about it....(All due to laziness!!), well, If this forum could throw some light on some easy ways to reduce my weight, that can't make me any more happy ! I am more willingly ready to participate in this discussion...If there is any easy tip that I can think of to reduce weight would let you know !! hope all your discussions/motivations would really help me to kick-start some serious excercise/dieting activities in my daily routine...

I need to reduce a minimum of 15-20 Kilos, to get back to my normal structure....

Regards,
    Preethi

4. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

i am joining u too

hi ladies,
    this is the thing i was looking for ... a motivation . i think with u guys i will be able to lose my 12 to 14 kg , which i am despreatly want to do . when i was in dubai i was a working lady since i move to china i am a simple housewife , sitting at home less work and more eating . i hv become lazy too . i gain 13 kg weight only in one and a half year :bang . i am realy upset with me . i always thought i wil never put on weight since i didn't put on even after my delievery . so guys plssssss help me .

5. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Count me in

Hi Ladies,

I'm also trying to loose weight for couple of mths. At least i need to loose 10 kgs. I'm working lady, but all the time sitting job. So I need to do something. Do give me some suggestion, right now i use to climb stairs. Living in 11th floor. Anything else, another thing after my work i feel very hungry & i think instead of eating fruits etc, i eat cookies, cakes etc & afterwards dinner. Plz suggest me what to do. Some evening snacks anything...........

Cheers

6. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Good Idea

Hello All,

This is a great idea for eveyone. I know losing weight is a great battle and it is easy to loose will power and having a support group to talk it out is wonderful.

Preethi , the easiest way to loose weight is to "shake you head from side to side when you see food"! :p

But , one has to burn 3500 calories to loose 1 lb( 500gms). So just imagine the work you have to do. It amounts to atleast 1 hour a day of moderate exercises. The other way it is so easy to consume the 3500 calories and put on 1 lb in 1 week.

Anyway, way to gals. I am here to support everyone.

Vandhana

7. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

This is a wonderful suggestion. We can all keep track of where we began and sincerely track our progress. As a group, there is motivation to stick to the goal as opposed to doing it individually. I am for it.

Radha

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Me Too!

Hi

This is a wonderful idea to form a support group for loosing weight. Let us join hands to strengthen our will power.

Step 1:(According to one of my friends) Start by : Hanging the favourite dress that has become tight now outside the closet. Whenever we get the urge to munch sinful items like sweets/chocolates/icecreams, just go and take a look at the dress and think how we are unable to fit in it. This will quench our lust for consuming the sins.:))

Cheers
    Vijee

9. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Girls! ( that is another way of motivating ourselves to reduce!Dont we all want to look always young and trim?:tongue )

Me too, plz let me also join the grp.....i too want to reduce and am lazy to do exercises....
    But thank god i have learnt to say no to food! That was the first step and that helped me reduce quite a bit....but still have a long way to go!
    So GIRLS get set and go! All the ones who have benefitted in some ways, plz share ur tips....and the rest of us will start making our own plans and keep motivating each other!
    By the way i have decided to go on for a walk right from today....how is that for starters?:thumbsup

10. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

General Motors 7 Days Diet Program - It's stressful but really Works !!

Girls,

I came across this General Motors Diet Program, couple of months ago. Since there were positive feedbacks about the results of the program, I actually tried this program once. I must say, it worked, I lost about 2.5 kg in 7 days. If you follow this diet consciously, it does have good results. But I could not proceed with subsequent repetition of this diet, due to factors like my long working hours, continuous kitchen/house cleaning work, mental stress etc, which caused me constant fatigue due to which I found this diet program tooooooooooo stressing. By end of the program, I gave up any more desire to take up this test again and found myself longing to go back to my normal course of meals.

For those who have real good control over their tongue, can go for this test and see the changes in you. If this diet program works for u, do let the other members know, so they too might get interested in it and can start working on reducing their weight.

I would only recommend you all to stop any physical exercise while you're onto this program, as that might only add up more fatigue to you...though u keep eating all through the day (as the program suggests), you are sure to feel the effect of reduced "rice" intake and that might take a toll on your health.

All the best for those who intend to try this program.

Attached Files: