1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Supplements with BM

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Padminiramesh, Jan 30, 2010.

1. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Padmini,

You can put your foot down for BM but depends on what situation you are in. I was pressurized by my mother later on gave in for semi solids at five months as I needed to start work after five months plus with the growth spurt, it was difficult to manage. Also one of the advantage for starting semi solids if you are not around is that the child tummy will be full with semi solids more that the BM. With BM one pee and all is gone. Till I was at home, I was fine with BM. I used bowl and spoon so bottle was out of the question.
    I mean the intensity of serving the BM is more compared to semi solids so more work for the opposite person considering the same even I gave in. For a mother BM is the best, but for the third party some solid is a win win situation always. I didn't have all that great supply, if you can pump and store and if MIL agrees to feed BM there's nothing like it else formula is your call, you don't want your LO to be starved right.

2. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Thanks Lee...I somehow convinced my MIL for 2 times BM and rest wiith formulas btween 9-7. All other time i can BF him...
    And the very straight other option is extending my maternity leave to LOP till his 6th month...and that is what DH too prefers...

3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Padmini,

I totally understand your situation. Never worry about bonding stuff. You know what am going to join work coming Monday and just now R completed 2mon.. But its not a permanent job for me. Am going to quit in 3-4mon coz parents r leaving nxt mon and MIL also will leave in summer.. So I need to tc of R..

Actually speaking babies until 3mon will not know anything like who is feeding them, who is tc ing etc etc.. They need more time for knowing all that..

Am planning to pump milk at work to feed that in the eve.. Bathing, eve feeds, night feeds etc etc am planning to do so that bonding will not go away.. I know we are all in one way - possessive moms :)

Adding, in summer you can take him in strollers for walk.. Be with him over weekends.. etc etc can help bonding.. I can give you more tips once I join work.. IN my case I will be working till R is 6mon old only..