Supplements Before 2nd Round Ivf

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by wish4miracle, Oct 26, 2017.

1. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

Hi,

As my title says, i am preparing for 2nd round of ivf and i would like to give my best shot this time.

i kind of rushed into ivf 1st round, and my doc as well dint prescribe any supplements or anything special except folic tablets.

now my doc says that failure reason would be of my poor quality eggs and prescribed a multivitamin and antioxidant tablet twice a day for 60 days. She said she would change my stimulation dosage (think she 's gonna up my gonal f but not the protocol) and add an additional injection(dint mention) to improve egg quality.

As far as i have read here in IL and in other forums, i have come across 3 months regime for taking supplements to take effect in our system. Also, i would like to know more information about the below supplements.

1. Vitamin D - i had severe D deficiency in Apr 2017 and started taking vitamin D granules weekly once for 8 weeks and one sachet per month for 6 months.
    What was your dosage before trying Ivf?

2. Omega 3 supplements - Again what was the dosage before trying ivf?

3. Did anyone ever tried coq10 ubiquinol before ivf? I think US guys would have come across this tablet, if so please let me know if this is over the counter tablet there?

I am trying to include protein foods/nuts/fruits in my diet.
    Any help in this would really really help me investigate further down before rushing into another round of ivf.

2. Aa11

Aa11 Bronze IL'ite

Have been taking Prenatals , COQ10 and DHA supplements and along with this Acupuncture and chinese herbs(this i stopped before stimulation)

wish4miracle likes this.
  3. wish4miracle

thanks @Aa11
    is this COQ10 a over the counter tablet in US? can we get it without prescription there?

4. wish4miracle

thanks @Aa11
    is this COQ10 a over the counter tablet in US? can we get it without prescription there?

5. wish4miracle

Also, for how long did you take these medicines before stopping them?

6. Aa11

Aa11 Bronze IL'ite

yes it being a supplement you can get it over the counter...i never stopped..i have been taking them continuously..

wish4miracle likes this.
  7. wish4miracle

Thank u for the details @Aa11 just one detail.. is coQ an antioxidant? i was prescribed with an antioxidant+vitamin+minerals tablet astagen F. I am thinking if i can take coQ along with it considering coQ is also antioxidant.

8. Aa11

Aa11 Bronze IL'ite

I don't know whether its an antioxidant ..Am taking it as it boosts cellular energy.

wish4miracle likes this.
  9. wish4miracle

thanks for the replies. really helpful

10. Aa11

Aa11 Bronze IL'ite

No worries..Best of luck