Superstitions

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by JustAni, Mar 15, 2007.

1. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Let's being a game of superstitions...

It's about sharing some bizzare or common ones you have heard... & any incident to prove it if it has happened to you... right or wrong it doesn't matter.

I believe that walking under the ladder is not good.

Once in college, I deliberately walked under a ladder before meeting my professor. I was under the microscope right after & faced a lot of unwanted questions. It took a lot of presuation to convince him that I was not at fault.

Now whenever I see a ladder, make it a point not to walk under it, even if it means taking a hard time with the pram.

Anita

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi anita

this is a good one... i have too many superstitions...

well some really do come out to be true, like it is said that if you whisper into ur pillow, the time you want to wake up, u wud definitely be awake at that time next morning... this is absolutely true... however tired you are, you wud be definitely awake at the specified time... try it out... (but do fix an alarm as well... in case you have an important meeting next morning... otherwise u'll be after me with a stick in hand :-D )

i never pass on a knife to anybody by hand, it is said that it causes fights between those 2 people... so i always put the knife on the shelf and then ask the other person to pick it up... this really happens with me at least... i do end up having an arguement with the person ...

sometimes people say that i drive them NUTS... because of these things... but i feel strongly about these and there are many others...

keep sharing !!!

3. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    Good thread :2thumbsup:
    This is the right place to know & discuss with people.

Like knife passing ..some people say salt
    if we pass salt by hand or salt container ..then also fight caused between those 2 people.
    I don't know what is this..but am also blindly following this.

Pillow whispering alarm setting is nice.:goodidea: tonight only i would like to try.

Suneeta

4. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Hi!

I told the pillow to wake me at 8...it was 45 mins late.... but glad it happened. I too follow the knife one seriously... Although I heard about the salt, haven't followed it.

Everyone in India has a habit of holding a kerchief & not remembering where they put it last. But this one I heard will make people more careful I hope.

I have heard that if you leave your kerchief over at anyones' house, you will begin to have sour relations with that family. After thinking about it, I begin to believe.

All kerchief in pockets or purse.

Take care...Anita

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I have heard this salt and knife thing holds good for safety pins also.But I don't believe that because I have taken or passed safety pins to my mother and sister and nothing has gone wrong till date.So atleast we can rule out safety pin from that list!:mrgreen:

6. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

dear all,
    i want to share mine also here...
    my mom will tells me that v should see the mirror after applying gingely oil,becoz it'll affect parents health,anybody know abt this???? also don't tell the food that v r going to have tom' as tom', is not sure,so she'll tell tell that for beggar:mrgreen:...donno whatz the reason behind this...

7. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Cool!

We sure get to know some bizzare ones right?

Keep them coming!

Anita

8. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

regarding the kerchief one i wud like to add, it is said that one should not gift kerchiefs to anyone, neither should borrow kerchief... it wipes off the love between the parties..

also one should not give pickles to anybody or take pickles from anybody for free, when my mom makes pickles and gives it to us, she always takes some money, say 5 rs or waever but never for free, This Sours the relationships...

let some more keep coming !!

9. maanasa

maanasa Silver IL'ite

ha..ha.. there is another superstition.

if we pass curry leaves to hand it may cause fight between those two:tongue

10. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

"Myna" - the indian bird

1 myna - bad luck
    2 myna - good luck
    3 myna - get a letter / message from someone special

There is a few more, but I seem to have forgotten them. If anyone knows, do let us know.

Take care.

Anita