1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Superstar again in the NEWS!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by puni88, Jan 19, 2008.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 98%; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #f5f5ff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8" vAlign=bottom>Rajnikant does not rule out taking up politics

<TR style="HEIGHT: 3.75pt; mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 3.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

<!-- ~~|ByLine|ArticleContentFont|height="5px"|byline|520|10| ~~--><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #f5f5ff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>New Delhi</st1:place></st1:City>, PTI:

<TR style="HEIGHT: 3.75pt; mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 3.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #f5f5ff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8">

<TR style="HEIGHT: 3.75pt; mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 3.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 6"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #f5f5ff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8" colSpan=2>"I believe in destiny... I believe in God and whatever God wants me to do, I will do," he said, "God has given me an actor's role. If he gives me a politician's role, I will do it," Rajnikant said.

<TR style="HEIGHT: 3.75pt; mso-yfti-irow: 7"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 3.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

<!-- ~~|123Dop123|ArticleContentFont|height="5px"|DoP|520|10|~~ --><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 3.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

<TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 8; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #f5f5ff; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8">Will he or won't he? To a query on whether he would join politics, superstar of the south Rajnikant today said the possibility of him donning the politician's role existed.
    "I believe in destiny... I believe in God and whatever God wants me to do, I will do," he said accepting the NDTV 'Entertainer of the Year' award here.
    "God has given me an actor's role. If he gives me a politician's role, I will do it," Rajnikant said.
    <TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="FLOAT: right; mso-cellspacing: 1.5pt; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=0 border=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"><!-- --------------------------------------------- --><!-- MooterMedia Javascript Ad Snippet starts here --><!-- Do not edit the following lines -->

The undisputed megastar of the south, Rajnikant, whose film "Sivaji: The Boss", crossed over the linguistic divide to become a megahit, said Amitabh Bachchan was for him the biggest actor in Bollywood.
    And when filmstar Shahrukh Khan, who is also called the 'Badshah of Bollywood', jokingly asked him what should one do to become the 'Shehanshah', he said, "One day, you will definitely become the 'Shehanshah'."
    To a question on him being one of the highest paid actors in the country, pat came the reply: "Who says I am the highest paid actor?"
    "What is your one piece of advice to politicians," Congress MP Rahul Gandhi asked 'Badshah of Bollywood' Shahrukh Khan. Gandhi came to the function along with his sister Priyanka Vadra.
    Pat came the reply from Shahrukh: "Just work hard and let us not take money under the table. Be honest as realistically possible". This evoked a thunderous applause from the audience including the Prime Minister who is advocating "zero-tolerance" in corruption.
    Mukesh Ambani came in for special praise from Finance Minister P Chidambaram who said the industrialist was a "superb implementer. I cannot see any businessman who can set a deadline and implement it. Many others are trying to emulate him".
    Asked what he would like from the Finance in the Union Budget, Ambani said "one thing I definitely not like to see is higher taxes because he (Chidambaram) has now seen the benefit of lowering taxes".
    Chidambaram said that this only showed that both poor and the rich did not want taxes.

<TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Puni,
    He is a human par excellence.
    One actor whom I admire. Though he has seen the worst and best he never lets anything get to his head.

Thanks for posting about his speech when the 'Entertainer of the Year' award was given to him.

3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Hi Puni,
    This made very interesting reading. Felt nice to note that Indians are really good.
    regards,
    meenu