1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Superficialness has actually got depth......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by niranjana69, May 13, 2009.

1. niranjana69

niranjana69 New IL'ite

The other day,had a blast of cold water splashed on my face.I normally hate superficialness of any kind ,be it in words or deeds.It just repells me like no other.I read something which made me think on new aspects.When one forms an impression based on superficial aspects --say they like someone because they have a new big house or a flashy car or because they have nice pair of eyes or they just like fair skin, dont dismiss it off as something superficial ,shallow or external and that they are very materialistic or very taken on by shallow aspects of life alone,because though that is what it looks like seen from a surface angle,actually, a very subtle thing is in motion.Meaning---its actually one's subconscious which is working,taking deep decisions and opting for a particular liking in order to bring out a deeper lesson or greater growth aspect into a working reality.So superficialness somehow seems to be actually a deeper aspect of ourselves working, without us being aware of it.Guess i will not detest or judge superficialness of any kind ,anymore.

2. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Niranjana
    You have an ability to see things which others do not. What we display some how has a link to some thing deep within us. All we need is an eye to perceive it, though there are some who can hide what is inherent in them.
    Jaya

3. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Dear Niru( hope you are OK with it)
    You have given a totally different perspective to the actions of superficialness. True that what ever a person does , is due to some thing embedded in the subconcious which expresses in some way or other.
    This blog of yours reminded me of a conversation with a cousin... he was talking of a classmate who was my friends' sis. He pointed out casually that , though she was quite a well behaved and hard working student, she has the nature to befriend only the wealthy in their class. This had made me think on the aspect which you have pointed out, that there has to be some psychological reason for her to be attracted to only wealthier in the class. As I had always thought her to be sweet and docile and not who goes for outward looks.

BTW I tagged you to this game, do look there
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/o...-game-all-ils-please-takepart.html#post680315